Super nice, a world standard
By Dolphstar on
2005 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I was bitten by the Land Cruiser bug after being taking on a sand dune ride in Dubai, UAE. It was amazing. Quiet and smooth on the freeway and unstoppable offroad. Since then I have seen them in action in Oman, Pakistan, and Ethiopia where they are used by the United Nations. My own LC leads an easy life compared to those vehicles. I am now spoiled by the ride, handling, stability and quality of it. I've had it 1.5 years and enjoy it just much as now as the first day I got it. So far oil changes and tire rotations are the only service it has required. I happen to like the truckish body style. It is what it is and not a wannabe sport car, SUV, station wagon, crossover mishmash.
Favorite Features
Truck like style, seats, backup cam (has already saved one cat's life), Bluetooth, GPS (but see improvements) back seat room and size, visibility (a big plus over many SUVs), quietness (incredible), stability and traction control. Great air conditioning in Texas heat but marginal auto temp control.
Suggested Improvements
Auto temp control is generally whacky. GPS does not display all available info. For example you cannot see your exact compass heading or altitude, my cheap handheld GPS shows both. GPS directions can be "the scenic route". Voice command, well I don't think anyone has managed to get that to work.