Back to the LC I Go
By David C on
2005 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I had a 1999 LC and then sadly moved to a 2003 Seqouia (larger size). Seqouia's a nice truck but I could not stand the size/dimensions/fit-finish. Frankly, as my Seqouia review ("It ain't no LC"), the build quality did not equal my '99 LC. Well, I turned the Seqouia in early (from my lease) and have come running back to a 2005 LC (over the new Land Rover). Love the additional features (back up camera is neat). Maintains the sturdy/smooth/fit-finish qualities that I missed but I was somewhat disappointed in not updating some of the annoying features (like the bulky way in folding the 3rd seats). All in all, I will not make the same mistake again. Landcruiser for life.
Favorite Features
Trip computer/diagnostic; NAV system and back up camera. Fit/finish second to none, ride comfort makes you feel like you are driving a bank vault on wheels. Even though the design may be getting dated, the vehicle is still a head turner (black-garnett is a sharp color).
Suggested Improvements
Fold away feature of 3rd seat remains bulky; no 110 volt outlet in rear seat (the Seqouia did have this). I wonder if controls to most car functions thru touch screen may prove burdensome as the screen gets washed out in bright sunlight. Also, gas mileage is horrid (and why do I need premium gas?)