2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )
Fundamentally the Best
By IJP on 06/03/10 10:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased it in the summer of 2005 and have taken it on cross country trip, over endless NYC potholes and off road. It is smooth, refined, has great visibility and extremely comfortable front row seating. The engine, the shifting and all other mechanical features appear flawless.

Smooth Ride, and Build Like a Tank
By S. Robert Hitchcock on 06/06/09 18:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought our LC in the winter of 2005 and had Toyota not made the new ones look like overgrown Highlanders we would have bought a new one. This is the single best vehicle I have ever owned. I have driven it as a commuter, on long road trips, and even camped in it and it has exceeded expectations in every scenario. I also love the interior appointments, and the stateliness of the exterior styling, and think of it as everything the Range Rover should be without the constant trips to the shop. With more than 5 years of ownership the only times it has been in the shop have been to repair body damaged caused by my wife's impatience, and routine maintenance.

Super nice, a world standard
By Dolphstar on 03/15/07 20:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was bitten by the Land Cruiser bug after being taking on a sand dune ride in Dubai, UAE. It was amazing. Quiet and smooth on the freeway and unstoppable offroad. Since then I have seen them in action in Oman, Pakistan, and Ethiopia where they are used by the United Nations. My own LC leads an easy life compared to those vehicles. I am now spoiled by the ride, handling, stability and quality of it. I've had it 1.5 years and enjoy it just much as now as the first day I got it. So far oil changes and tire rotations are the only service it has required. I happen to like the truckish body style. It is what it is and not a wannabe sport car, SUV, station wagon, crossover mishmash.

Outstanding Build
By Ivan on 03/30/06 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car drives and runs so smoothly and is so tight and handles so well in all conditions: snow covered roads; pouring rain; highway driving; driving on dirt roads, etc., it really gives me great comfort. The reliability and ruggedness makes me feel like my car will be the last car on the road to break down.

Great Vehicle
By Rob Karas on 06/22/05 15:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. I have owned Mercedes, Jeeps, Hondas and Toyotas in the past but never a Land Cruiser. The other day I was at an outdoor festival and we parked in the grass. It started to pour down rain and soaked everything. When we were leaving there were lots of SUVs which were spinning there wheels in mud and the grass, but we had no problem in the grassy field or going through the mud. The best part was that I didn't even have to switch to 4 wheel drive since it is in it full time. I love this vehicle.

My 5th LandCruiser
By William Rose on 06/22/05 14:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This my 5th Land Cruiser. I was going to switch to the LX 470, but decided that my 4 and 7 year old boys could spill milkshakes and ketchup in a Land Cruiser just as easy as in a Lexus! Great vehicle. I bought this one sight unseen at the end of the year and didn't get the exact interior package that I wanted, but that's not big deal.

cant beat it
By Ted on 04/06/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I don't think there is a better SUV on the market. Looks, quality, performance, capability and reliability are unmatched. While not inexpensive, worth every penny.

Toyota Land Cruiser
By stephen king on 03/24/05 14:12 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle handles as well as a BMW SUV but is more reliable and less expensive to service. I recently drove through some wetlands in mine and had no difficulty at all. Toyotal dealerships are plentiful (unlike BMW) making service convenient for me. I will definitely buy this vehicle again.

Fun Run
By bob on 03/23/05 22:54 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Long trip, short trip; the Land Cruiser makes just a trip to the store a "Fun Run". We had a Town and Country and look all over for a vehicle that had that ride and comfort with the SUV safety. Most were just built up trucks. Cadilac had a great exterior, but was a chevy truck inside with just more padding. The LC is functional, fun, and the inside is built for the vehicle and the driver's and passenger's favor. The problem is the wife took it and I have to drive the T&C to work...

The best SUV
By LH2KF7 on 03/22/05 13:20 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck is amazing, we bought it because we have a large family and a big dog and it works great! We live here in New Jersey and every August we go on vacation to Hilton Head SOuth Carolina. We took this truck and it was like driving in luxury. I would never buy any other truck, this one is the best. After experiencing the best why settle for less?