Used 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Land-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )

Most Helpful|
GOOD BUT COULD BE BETTER FOR THE $$$$
By joel PI

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

BUTTON FOR HEATED SEATS IN POOR LOCATION NO AUTO FOLD SIDE MIRRORS, SEAT SIDE AND BACK SUPPORT JUST OK.

The Ultimate Off-Road/On-Road Vehicle
By CRR

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I grew up admiring the abilities, looks and quality of the Toyota Land Cruisers. The first chance I got, I bought one...used...5 years old with a new model on the market. To this day, I feel like I'm driving the best looking truck on the road. This 2004 Land Cruiser is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever sat in. It drives flawlessly. It's heavy and rock solid. The gas mileage is expected to be kind of tough. It's a full time 4x4 with a V8...what'd you expect? I bought this truck for my wife to haul our kid around...I'm currently looking for another one to fill my spot in the garage.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Weird location for the rear a/c controls.

Go anywhere in comfort
By craig

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best truck around for all kinds of driving. Cannot be beat for build quality and onroad/offroad combination in stock form. I live in Colorado and need one vehicle to do it all and have never been disappointed

Favorite Features

Reliability Off-road/On-road ride Functional design

Suggested Improvements

Lower rpms in 5th gear Easier nav system updates

Best, not an SUV
By evilclown1962

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you purchase the Land Cruiser for its intended use it cannot be beat. For low maintenance and off road, on road ability it cannot be beat in the long run. It is not intended to be a grocery getter. All are built in Japan and intended to last 300k miles. They are shipped all over the world for tough off road conditions. Enjoy your Cruisers. I have owned 5 throughout the years. Do your research and you will not be disappointed. Look at the vehicles diplomats are escorted in dangerous situations around the world and you will notice a large majority are the Cruisers.

Favorite Features

Durability and ruggedness with civility.

Suggested Improvements

The newer versions have addressed the issues of on road ability.

Superb SUV
By crk

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This Land Cruiser is our 4th Toyota and I just can't say enough good things about this vehicle. We bought it with safety being our top priority and I feel very safe driving it; there are airbags everywhere and the car drives very stable. In turns, it does not feel top heavy and it accelerates well for the size of the vehicle. We have NEVER had any mechanical issues and that says a lot for a vehicle with some many extra luxury items; EXTREMELY reliable. I concur with the majority of the reviews, paying a few extra dollars in gas per tank is an insurance policy for reliability and safety!

Favorite Features

Reliability! The rear tailgate is an extremely great design and the rear camera is used every time I back-up as a reference; great feature!

Suggested Improvements

Needs memory seats and mirrors; it is the ONLY luxury feature this vehicle is missing. Possibly look to a Hybrid down the road; would love another 10 miles to the gallon but it is tough to find any other complaint.