2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (39 reviews )
Best, not an SUV
By evilclown1962 on 12/19/10 09:25 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you purchase the Land Cruiser for its intended use it cannot be beat. For low maintenance and off road, on road ability it cannot be beat in the long run. It is not intended to be a grocery getter. All are built in Japan and intended to last 300k miles. They are shipped all over the world for tough off road conditions. Enjoy your Cruisers. I have owned 5 throughout the years. Do your research and you will not be disappointed. Look at the vehicles diplomats are escorted in dangerous situations around the world and you will notice a large majority are the Cruisers.

Go anywhere in comfort
By craig on 12/31/09 13:42 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best truck around for all kinds of driving. Cannot be beat for build quality and onroad/offroad combination in stock form. I live in Colorado and need one vehicle to do it all and have never been disappointed

The Ultimate Off-Road/On-Road Vehicle
By CRR on 05/28/09 03:08 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I grew up admiring the abilities, looks and quality of the Toyota Land Cruisers. The first chance I got, I bought one...used...5 years old with a new model on the market. To this day, I feel like I'm driving the best looking truck on the road. This 2004 Land Cruiser is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever sat in. It drives flawlessly. It's heavy and rock solid. The gas mileage is expected to be kind of tough. It's a full time 4x4 with a V8...what'd you expect? I bought this truck for my wife to haul our kid around...I'm currently looking for another one to fill my spot in the garage.

Superb SUV
By crk on 02/10/09 17:23 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This Land Cruiser is our 4th Toyota and I just can't say enough good things about this vehicle. We bought it with safety being our top priority and I feel very safe driving it; there are airbags everywhere and the car drives very stable. In turns, it does not feel top heavy and it accelerates well for the size of the vehicle. We have NEVER had any mechanical issues and that says a lot for a vehicle with some many extra luxury items; EXTREMELY reliable. I concur with the majority of the reviews, paying a few extra dollars in gas per tank is an insurance policy for reliability and safety!

Old Reliable
By FREDRIC PALMIERI on 09/27/07 10:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Look anyone who owned or currently owns Landcruisers should be fairly well-versed with them. Everyone knows of their reliability & craftsmanship, areas where they are 2nd to none. No doubt they are huge and ponderous to drive and like any other large SUV are big boxes in the wind that return poor gas mileage. However, for pure reliability and comfort, toyota comes thru. This is a pricey vehicle, no doubt, and you would expect memory seats and a more appointed interior, but a true toyota buyer does his homework thoroughly up front and knows their strength is in the fact that you will own this vehicle for years to come and when you move on, most likely your loyalty will remain with toyota

My 2nd Land Cruiser
By Tex Reed on 05/06/07 14:16 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

These SUVs are incredible to drive, well-made and free of mechanical problems. I've never even had a shake, rattle, or roll in the two (new) I've owned. I can't say that about my past ownership of (new) Porsches, Corvettes, Mercedes, Fords, Chevys, VWs, Chryslers, or Pontiacs.

GOOD BUT COULD BE BETTER FOR THE $$$$
By joel PI on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

BUTTON FOR HEATED SEATS IN POOR LOCATION NO AUTO FOLD SIDE MIRRORS, SEAT SIDE AND BACK SUPPORT JUST OK.

best car on the road
By wa blevins on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this is my 5th landcruiser and my next car will be a landcruiser.

The best SUV on the market
By vacommish on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was my dream car. In purchasing it this past spring, it has proven to be everything I'd hoped for. Fun to drive, reliable, and much cheaper to maintain than it's Lexus cousin, this timeless SUV is impressive at every turn.

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser
By AJO on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Land Cruiser. My 1194 had over 1000,000 miles when traded on a 2000. I never had a repair only normal service was done. My 2000 had 65,000 and was much more luxurious than 1994. My 2004 is even better. Fabulous on the road.Very secure on wet highways. Have not tested in snow yet but the 2000 was in plenty of snow and never got stuck. I really can't think of anything that I could want more. I drove all the high end SUVs and decided on another Land Cruiser. None compare. If this one is as good as the last two, I will buy a fourth.