Used 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )

There is a reason the TLC is a ledgend
By Arnzo

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Solid all around sums it up. Capable off-road and a pleasure on-road with room for the kids, dog and all the stuff that goes with them. I traded a Land Rover for this car and never looked back. I've driven it in Blizzards, on the beach, off-road and plenty on-road. Never once was I concerned that we wouldn't make it. I plan to keep my TLC for as long as she's willing to serve though I may buy the 2016 model and give my current TLC to my 3 year old.

Build quality and utility (in the true sense of the word).

Maybe a little more horse power.

GREATEST SUV
By JERRY152

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I HAVE SELDOM ENJOYED DRIVING UNTIL I PURCHASED MY LAND CRUISER, I LOOK FORWARD TO TAKING TRIPS NOW.

THE SOUND SYSTEM, AND TEH COMFORTABLE SEATING.

MAKE MORE FOR LESS

The Landcruiser Rocks!
By M A S

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When we were looking for our next truck we like at several vehicles including the Lincoln Navigator, Cadillac Esclade, Hummer H2, and the Land Rover Range Rover. The Landcruiser offered the best of everything and is the most depend and reliable vehicle we have ever owned. This truck gives you an abosoulte sense of security. I have driven down streets with 3ft of snow (unplowed) without have to use any of the differentials or low-range settings of the Landcruiser. This is the best vehicle you could own, its almost like a Japanese Hummer!

My favorite features are its excellent build-quality, go anywhere capability,powerful V8 engine, Toyota reliability, and its sense of security.

The third row seat could be roomier and the gas mileage is good at all.

Too Much $ for a Toyota
By Usman

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Don't get me wrong, toyota makes a hell of a car but I believe paying $60,000 for 235 HP is not too great of an idea. I would reccomend buying a Land Rover Range Rover because you get more power and comfort in approximately the same price range, and best of all BMW makes it. Whatever you do, don't buy a Lexus LX 470 because it is the same as the land cruiser, except the keyless entry system opens the rear hatch automatically for $10,000 extra!

Mechanical Reliability

More power needed for such a large SUV

King of the Road
By Supernova

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first 4x4 i have had a lot of fun driving it up and down 100 meter high sand dunes in the UAE then going out of the sand and inflate the tyres and drive at 100 MPH for hours, and few cars can do what the Land Cruiser can, in the year i had no problems what so ever with it i use it for short journeys to work and long journeys on the weekend breaks with the family. its simple you can go anywhere you want to go.

street presence, easy to drive, strength, power, off road ability.

Body roll