2003 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )
Reliability plus
By Bill Ivory on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am a tour operator in Australia - I use my Toyota L/C Diesel wagon to tour Margaret River wineries and outback areas and wanted to share with you that these are the most highly regarded vehicles in tough country. Good comfort over rough roads and long distances and proven reliability. I love it; my customers do too.

legendary suv
By sampan on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I drove this vehicle everyday to work and at least once a month from New York City to Palm Coast Florida with 85000 miles on it right now, still on 100% top condition.

Perfection!
By TonyG5003 on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 2001 for a 2003, and was pleasantly suprised to see the telescoping steering wheel and stereo controls on the steering wheel. Also, the dashboard has a more pleasing shape to it. The only drawback to owning a Land Cruiser, is that you are never satisfied with anything less. It's an expensive love affair!

great no probs so far
By Uncle bob on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The landcruiser is simply the best suv money can buy.

Love it, and Navigators can't follow.
By PerryPaul on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I live at 7,200 feet elevation and going up and coming down a 18% snow covered dirt road is a cake walk with 4- low. The engine braking system lets me coast down with complete ease. The rear DVD system with wireless headphones keeps my kids quiet, and the navigation system can find the smallest dirt road. I travel in quiet Toyota comfort and quality, but can go where Escalades and Navigators can not.

PERFECTION
By Alex Us on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For a reliable, plush ride don't look any further...Nothing compares!! The 2003 interior is truly Lexus-like. Low depreciation makes this SUV even more appealing.

THE BEST SUV EVER MADE
By WA on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hi all, just wanted to voice my opinion. I just purchased a 2002 Landcruiser, this after owning a 2001 Landrover...enough said! Prior to my owning a Landrover I had a Landcruiser for several years. I can honestly say, a Landrover DOES live up to its reputation of being an un-reliable car that falls apart! Also they depreciate like CRAZYYY!!! I appreciate having my LC every day, as I know it will NEVER fail me, sure it does not have that fancy Rover symbol, but that is not nessary as the LC is a legend.

new 2003 LC
By nuchaus on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My second LC, replacing a 2001 X5. Impressed with interior comfort, especially seats. Smooth ride, ample power/acceleration. Complicated Nav system but integrated with Audio quite well. Quite glad to be back with the Land Cruiser brand. Definite bummer is the fuel consumption (not a surprise). Also, Toyota dealer a breeze to work with and quite an improvement over the BMW dealership I dealt with.

Decent SUV
By paul02 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV fits in with others in its class. Howver, the overall construction of the vehicle can leave a sour taste in the mouth of a trendy consumer.

REPUTATION ABOVE ALL OTHERS....
By Caddy on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

THE LANDCRUISER IS LUXURIOUS AND TOUGH. YOU WILL BE VERY VERY PROUD TO OWN ONE!!! I THOUGHT OVER AND OVER. HIGH SAFETY, HIGH RELIABLITY, TRUE DESIGN, SPACIOUS COMFORT AND UNMATCHED REPUTATION. ALL OTHERS WILL SHINE AT THE TIME BUT THE LANDCRUISER WILL STILL BE THERE. WHEN YOU SAY I HAVE A LANDCRUISER...ENOUGH SAID...OTHERS ENVY AND ONLY WISH. THE PRICE IS WORTH IT AND HOLDS ITS RESALE VALUE. ITS THE NEXT LEVEL.