2003 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )
Great SUV- Beware of 18 in. wheels
By tomalf123 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

All around a great SUV , my daughter loves the dvd feature. The GPS works great in the lower 48 but not in Alaska (i'm hoping some new software will include Alaska). Comfortable ride. Nice on screen controls for climate, audio,etc. Beware of the 18inch wheels if you live in a snow climate. There are no snow tires(blizzak,etc.) or even all season tires to fit these wheels!!! They come with high performance tires that are not good for cold climates!! Alt. wheels only avilable from toyota and they are very expensive!!

Hot SUV
By Lnad Guy on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

MOST RELIABLE , STABLE SUV. RESALE IS BETTER THAN ALL THE REST. HAD OLDER MODEL WITH OVER 250,ook mi's, try that on any other SUV. LANDCRUISER ARE WHAT YOU WILL SEE OFF ROAD IN OTHER COUNTRIES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF MAYBE LAND ROVER....

Great
By Me420 on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This car is awesome!!

fun fun fun
By Tyronesg on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Originally purchased as a family utility auto to transport 5 boys to school, scoccer, summer trips, ect... but has grown to be such a fun and easy drive and ride, that it is a tough choice to drive it or my BMW around town for short errands. I certainly am not comparing the toyota LC to the BMW 5 series as far as performance but in many ways it is just as much fun to drive. The driver has suprisingly superior steering control for such a big and heavy truck. It drives comfortable like a car, brakes well and the fun gets even better when you go off road. Treat yourself to a test drive...you will experience an immediate and distint difference in agility.

Dr.
By Dr. Ley on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I enjoy owning and driving my LandCruiser. The only downturn is gallon of gas per milage. I guess most of SUVs do the same.

Love My Land Cruiser
By lina on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Land Cruiser. I love the reliability, performance and protection. I was in a very bad accident with my three small children last winter, on a dark and snowy blizzard night. The only thing that saved my children and their mother was the weight and build of my Land Cruiser. Having been a Land Cruiser owner for over five years, I can attest to the fact that I have not once experienced mechanical problems nor do I expect any. It's just a very well built car with a lot of room and good features.

suv heaven
By godevco on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Good performance and reliability. Fun to drive. Only major problem was the transmission had to be replaced at 85,000 miles. Regular maintenance is a bit pricey but necessary for optimum performance.

down town
By Streich on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd landcruiser. The first one was a V6 and my 2nd one is a V8. I thought the 1st one was jewel but after driving the V8 and all the comfort that comes along with it, just one word. Outstanding, Quality, Performence, Dependable and good lucks. It has it ALL.

LandCruiser Review
By Stephen H. on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The 2003 is the third landcruiser in the family and fifth toyota. It is a great car! Extremely comfortable, stable, and safe. Have owned this one for about 5 months and have been completely thrilled. Would recommend to anyonw

There is a reason the TLC is a ledgend
By Arnzo on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Solid all around sums it up. Capable off-road and a pleasure on-road with room for the kids, dog and all the stuff that goes with them. I traded a Land Rover for this car and never looked back. I've driven it in Blizzards, on the beach, off-road and plenty on-road. Never once was I concerned that we wouldn't make it. I plan to keep my TLC for as long as she's willing to serve though I may buy the 2016 model and give my current TLC to my 3 year old.