2003 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )
Land Tank
By darko on 06/13/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Waited 10 years to buy this. This SUV is simply amazing. Go anywhere performance and enough class to hit the clubs in Scottsdale. I've driven in 3 ft of snow, deep mud, rock fields and through streams... never, ever been worried about getting stuck. It is still as rattle and squeak free as the first day I drove it home. I plan to hang on to it for many years to come.

Always wanted one
By Dave on 01/14/09 12:35 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded every 12 to 18 months trying to be happy with something less than a Land Cruiser. Finally I bought one new, a big chunk of cash for us. But we love the truck. Had it 5 years now and look to trade, but can't give it up. I fell so secure when I put my family in her. I have blizzacks for the 18 wheels and have drive through blizzards, never spinning a wheel. We love our gray Cruiser.

Land Cruiser Legend
By Maximiliano Valencia on 10/13/07 14:17 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm from Venezuela, and this is the best suv you can have in this country, it manages everything, here a normal street is an off road challenge, but the land cruiser pass through it. Excellent for hard conditions, you can find this suv from Africa to south america. From asia to middle east, is just great. You can never go wrong with a land cruiser.

I Hate this Car!
By Carol on 07/27/06 17:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The engineer who did the interior layout of this car should be fired! It is the most random placement of the rear A/C controls (above and behind the left rear seat?!). The Navigation system told me to make a u-turn and then after 100 yards told me to make a u-turn again! It shows me on roads I'm not even on! The voice activate button doesn't work! The rear seats fold up in a complex non-user friendly way and then to hold them up you hook a strap to the overhead handle! This SUV is so OVERPRICED! You can't get tires for this thing because they are 18" wheels! It's got too much body roll! The tailgate makes it imposible to reach in the back!!

Land Cruiser
By DC on 07/20/06 20:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best SUV, period. I had a Ford Supercrew, nice, but no comparison. The towing power is great. I tow in mountains and the low gear is incrediable. Great family transportation. Will get another one for sure.

Best SUV on the Road
By FormerMercedesOwner on 07/16/06 22:11 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Land Cruiser is THE best SUV on the road. Period. Reliability is superb, handling excellent, comfort top-rate, and the ride smooth and quiet. I test drove them all. I read the reviews. And three years of ownership later I still haven't wished for anything else, not even my sporty little Mercedes.

The King of Sport Utilities
By 4WD Aficionado on 11/11/04 16:33 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Forget about the hype from other manufacturers who claim to be the best, the original, 'professional grade', etc. The Toyota Landcruiser is the best built, most durable, full- size sport utility vehicle on the planet. It is sold on every continent because it can handle anything you throw at it. How does your unibody Cayenne/ML/X5 hold up to the rigors of Afghanistan? Thought so. The LC is great off road, rides very well on road, and the 320 ft. lbs. of torque is plenty. (Don't buy into the horsepower hype, people -- it's torque that you want.) If you want a sports car, buy a 911 or a Corvette, not a SUV wannabe. Buy the Landcruiser, and with the money you save, get a used Boxster!

235 hp, are you serious?
By trwool on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd LC and they have all been great but still only 235 hp and all of that weight??? i know, i know it's a TRUCK but Toyota needs to update this motor and asap. i drive a lot of miles and will need to replace this soon. i have done all the looking as usual but the quality of this truck rules over the lack of power. maybe i'm asking too much.

Better than expected
By r.a.russell on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Although the fuel economy leaves much to be desired. The overall quality of the Land Crusier is better than my Mercedes ML and my previous 500 SEL. The truck is very solid and responsive and goes like a donkey while off road. I would recommend this truck to both the luxury buyer and also one to have fun with. The best SUV that I test drove, and I test drove most of them.

Great Car for Family and Work
By Osborne's on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great DEPENDABLE suv. When we just had our first child....we needed something BIGGER and wanted a safe car that we knew wouldn't let us down. We have an 97 Land Cruiser and a 99 four runner......so we knew a 2003 Land Cruiser would be perfect for our NEW family.

1 2 3 4 5 next »