Used 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

Land Cruiser - Second to None
By Winfield

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my seven Toyota I've owned in 17 years and second Land Cruiser. My first was a 1987 and still regret selling it. Cost is high, but in terms of what you get in return - well worth the investment. Great to be driving a LC again.

* 4 X 4 abilities * Fold-up third row seats * Engine/Transmission match: smooth - instant power

None

Love my 93- 170,000mi and won't quit!
By Janeth

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This Land Cruiser will not quit! I bought it new in 93 and it has not had any work done except its regular service , brake jobs, etc, and some repairs when I ran in through a wall into my house. It has 170,000 miles on it and I would like a new one if this one ever gives o

Driving comfort, solid feel in bad weather and traffic, incredible reliability... It still looks new and drives perfect! i love this car!

make a new one in a hybrid form leather seats cracked too early

pointless suv
By Comdian

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

with a week, I used this suv and got sick of playing inside this because it works ploddingly in gear down and noisily. I got a bad feeling in turning left or right from highway

good gas user

bad exterior

L.C. The King of SUV land.
By shines

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

if you are talking Build Quality and Reliability then throw in excellent ride, comfort and the best damn air conditioner in a vehicle then the L.C. is the best suv on the planet. i have had ford, chevy, gmc, jeep a 2001 E class mercedes and even a montero when i was a kid and no vehicle i have owned is in the same class as the King! Toyota is losing their benchmark if they discontinue this vehicle!

OVERALL BUILD QUALITY

smaller tail lights. they look out of scale to the vehicle

1 awesome SUV - the Original SUV
By mnalla

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Ok I just bought a '02 LC this weekend and yes I am new to the LC but I have been researching it for some time and must admit this is the best damn SUV out there. It is not only the most comfortable and luxurious (barring the LX470) but it is the most proven and reliable SUV for off-roading on the planet! After having driven a Volvo wagon and a Passat I must admit the LC is so easy to drive and it drives like a big car. Visibility is awesome, the handling is good and the comfort features are incredible. My wife and son love it now if I can just convince my wife that she needs to drive to the Volvo instead!!!

Visibility, comfort, quality, safety, and the best off-road vehicle for reliability and ability to overcome obstacles.

Make the third row seats easier to lock up on the side with a better and easier to use harness. Also make it store more upright. A detailed guide on taking the vehicle off-road including one for beginner off- roaders.