2002 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
Land Cruiser - Second to None
By Winfield on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my seven Toyota I've owned in 17 years and second Land Cruiser. My first was a 1987 and still regret selling it. Cost is high, but in terms of what you get in return - well worth the investment. Great to be driving a LC again.

Love my 93- 170,000mi and won't quit!
By Janeth on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This Land Cruiser will not quit! I bought it new in 93 and it has not had any work done except its regular service , brake jobs, etc, and some repairs when I ran in through a wall into my house. It has 170,000 miles on it and I would like a new one if this one ever gives o

pointless suv
By Comdian on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

with a week, I used this suv and got sick of playing inside this because it works ploddingly in gear down and noisily. I got a bad feeling in turning left or right from highway

L.C. The King of SUV land.
By shines on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

if you are talking Build Quality and Reliability then throw in excellent ride, comfort and the best damn air conditioner in a vehicle then the L.C. is the best suv on the planet. i have had ford, chevy, gmc, jeep a 2001 E class mercedes and even a montero when i was a kid and no vehicle i have owned is in the same class as the King! Toyota is losing their benchmark if they discontinue this vehicle!

1 awesome SUV - the Original SUV
By mnalla on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Ok I just bought a '02 LC this weekend and yes I am new to the LC but I have been researching it for some time and must admit this is the best damn SUV out there. It is not only the most comfortable and luxurious (barring the LX470) but it is the most proven and reliable SUV for off-roading on the planet! After having driven a Volvo wagon and a Passat I must admit the LC is so easy to drive and it drives like a big car. Visibility is awesome, the handling is good and the comfort features are incredible. My wife and son love it now if I can just convince my wife that she needs to drive to the Volvo instead!!!

Great car
By Greg Gelesko on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best vehicle I've ever owned

My First LandCruiser
By red on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned Ford,Chevy and Nissan FWD SUVs and the LandCruiser is by far the nicest,and most expensive,but well worth it.

Love My Landcruiser
By Bill Jr. on 06/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Love this SUV. Had all kinds of including LX470, this has a better ride. Very quiet. smooth. Very well built. A TRUE luxury SUV all the others try to be. Still a very rugged off road machine. I will buy another one.

The Real Deal
By desertrat on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

currently own a '99 Landcruiser. After owning a Jimmy, 2 Jeep GC and a '97 Landcruiser, I can't imagine driving anything else! 45k miles and other than oil changes, no maintenance needed.

The eye opener
By Jerry Almonte on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most exciting car I ever owned. My whole family are enjoying Sand Dune bashing, Wadi bashing and off course, Traveling in long distance inter-gulf countries in a style. Jerry