Used 2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Land-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

Favorite of all time
By Ron

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best car ever owned. At 62 have owned numerous cars since 1969. This car had 14000 miles when I bought it but it has never failed me in any way. Also, Toyota has gone beyond the warranty period to repaint one minor some rust area. All I have done is change the oil, perform the maintenances and buy one set of tires. You will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Navigation, towing ability, quietness, body integrity, stereo.

Suggested Improvements

Change the rear tailgate to door style rather than up/down.

What A Truck!
By Mike Lecky

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

So, I researched all the large SUVs and decided to make a good sound decision and go with the 2002 Land Cruiser. So far this machine exceeds all of my expectations. The comfort is unbelievable and the body is a timeless. If you have the pleasure of owning this car, you know the name and its history stands alone in its own class. Why buy anything else when you can own a Land Cruiser.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better. Vented seats would have been a nice touch.

Happy
By Mike

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV... second Cruiser I currently own. Other is a 1994. Came off of an Audi Allroad (01) nothing but problems with the Audi it was about $1000 a month in repairs the 1994 Cruiser averaged 0. Live back a long gravel road it was tearing the Audi to pieces. Cruiser has gas mileage but a small price to pay (although its getting larger). Would recommend this car to anyone. I will never own anything else. Except maybe the new FJ Cruiser.

Favorite Features

Soundness and reliability

Suggested Improvements

second row seats that fold up to the sides like the third row - that way you can sleep in the back while camping

A Very Resectable SUV
By Austin Ervin

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven every SUVs you can name... and the Land Cruiser and its brother, the LX470, are by far the best overall. Though the LX470 cost thousands more than the Land Cruiser, it still out-sells the Toyota. My last car was a Land Rover Discovery and it was a swell looking car and all, but, it broke down on me and so I went out and purchased a Land Cruiser, and I have absolutely no regrets. Purchase one and find out for yourself if you don't believe me.

Favorite Features

Muscular V8, full-time 4 wheel drive, off-road heritage, smooth and quiet ride thanks to the independent rear- suspension, luxurious interior, seating for 8 people.

Suggested Improvements

Somehow Toyota needs to figure out how to give this thing better gas mileage. Toyota should offer second row captain's chairs. Optional cooled seats would be nice.

It's the best!
By Cappy

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great car! It is incredibly reliable, and safe. While driving in the snow, I feel like I am on dry pavement. I know that I can go anywhere. The fuel mileage is not great, but standard for an SUV of this size. But a typical Toyota - you can't go wrong. They say once you have a Land Cruiser, you will always have one.

Favorite Features

All time 4 wheel drive - amazing when the road is wet or snow covered.

Suggested Improvements

Onstar - or an Onstar-like concept.