2002 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
Favorite of all time
By Ron on 11/03/08 19:24 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Best car ever owned. At 62 have owned numerous cars since 1969. This car had 14000 miles when I bought it but it has never failed me in any way. Also, Toyota has gone beyond the warranty period to repaint one minor some rust area. All I have done is change the oil, perform the maintenances and buy one set of tires. You will not be disappointed.

What A Truck!
By Mike Lecky on 04/04/07 10:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

So, I researched all the large SUVs and decided to make a good sound decision and go with the 2002 Land Cruiser. So far this machine exceeds all of my expectations. The comfort is unbelievable and the body is a timeless. If you have the pleasure of owning this car, you know the name and its history stands alone in its own class. Why buy anything else when you can own a Land Cruiser.

Happy
By Mike on 05/10/06 17:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great SUV... second Cruiser I currently own. Other is a 1994. Came off of an Audi Allroad (01) nothing but problems with the Audi it was about $1000 a month in repairs the 1994 Cruiser averaged 0. Live back a long gravel road it was tearing the Audi to pieces. Cruiser has gas mileage but a small price to pay (although its getting larger). Would recommend this car to anyone. I will never own anything else. Except maybe the new FJ Cruiser.

A Very Resectable SUV
By Austin Ervin on 10/08/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've driven every SUVs you can name... and the Land Cruiser and its brother, the LX470, are by far the best overall. Though the LX470 cost thousands more than the Land Cruiser, it still out-sells the Toyota. My last car was a Land Rover Discovery and it was a swell looking car and all, but, it broke down on me and so I went out and purchased a Land Cruiser, and I have absolutely no regrets. Purchase one and find out for yourself if you don't believe me.

It's the best!
By Cappy on 06/12/05 07:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great car! It is incredibly reliable, and safe. While driving in the snow, I feel like I am on dry pavement. I know that I can go anywhere. The fuel mileage is not great, but standard for an SUV of this size. But a typical Toyota - you can't go wrong. They say once you have a Land Cruiser, you will always have one.

pinkfloyd
By PINKFLOYD on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

The truck will go anywhere. Fishing trip to northern canada with boat, 3 kids, and grandfather. Preformed flawlessly. Wife hit deer, not problem, would have been through the windshield of another vehicle. Ride quality and handling superb. Great on the beach and off road.

tr
By tommy2tome on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

fun to drive suv -drives lika a car in fact much easier

My wife won
By Clanton on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is our second Landcruiser. We upgraded from the 1997 Anniversary Edition. I didn't see the value in it, but my wife won in the end. Fantastic truck. Safe; good power; very comfortable. If you're even considering the Sequoia, don't be fooled. The Landcruiser is worth the extra money. It's the real deal.

Simply The Best
By Alive on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Landcruisers are the best car out there. My last car was a 1999 Landcruiser and the only reason I purchased a new one is because someone hit me head on the driver's side on on a major PA highway (he crossed over a 20 yd grass median!). I was injured, but would have been dead in any other car.

My wife was right
By Valex on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My wife has wanted this beast for years. Now she got it and all I want is to drive it. Power and agility. Incredible control and even a great turning diameter. The nav syst is a blast, and the thing looks cool as well. Plenty big, the seqioa is a bus and drives like one- no comparison.