2001 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Review: great vehicle!!!

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Review

great vehicle!!!
By drcjj on

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I now have about 54,000 miles on my 2001 landcruiser and I am very pleased with its overall performance. this is my 5th landcruiser and for each new car I have shopped the others out there and then returned to the Landcruiser for my purchase. This car climbs about anything, goes in the snow and mud like it doesn't exist and gets about 14 to 19 mpg to boot. Great family roadtrip car, reasonably quiet at 80mph on highways... nice stereo system too, great sound for a factory installed system, true audio quality, much better clarity and intelligability than those Bose systems hyped to be so hot in other cars.

Reliable to the point of perfection, great power and torque. Excellent drivability in town, highway or off road, lots of cargo area with the extra rear seats removed. Nice looks too!

Better gas mileage would be a nice addition but not at the expense of power. Handling is fine but could be improved.