2001 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews 2

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
The Best
By Gary Tricarico on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Landcruiser. And by far the best Toyota has built for urban jungles. It is the quietest, smoothest, most comfortable if you load it with all options, it also cost the same as the Lexus once you load it. The navigation system is outstanding, better than several others I have seen on other vehicles. My average fuel is 15 to 17 hwy. Start of 3rd year, 80,000 miles plus, not 1 thing has gone wrong, service only. I don't go off road, but on road this car is very safe and reliable in any road conditions.

great vehicle!!!
By drcjj on 12/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I now have about 54,000 miles on my 2001 landcruiser and I am very pleased with its overall performance. this is my 5th landcruiser and for each new car I have shopped the others out there and then returned to the Landcruiser for my purchase. This car climbs about anything, goes in the snow and mud like it doesn't exist and gets about 14 to 19 mpg to boot. Great family roadtrip car, reasonably quiet at 80mph on highways... nice stereo system too, great sound for a factory installed system, true audio quality, much better clarity and intelligability than those Bose systems hyped to be so hot in other cars.

Quality, Performance and Value
By Irwin43 on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've tried them all (new and used) and finally found a great deal on a loaded '01. I could have purchased a 03 Denali for the same price but there was no comparison. The quality is there everywhere you look and the performance was everything I was looking for. Finally a car purchase that I feel good about and a car that I can't hear depreciating in my garage! Test drive this if you are considering any Large SUV. Buy used and save the $$$.

great suv
By mustangmike on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 97 expedition with 130k miles and did not feel it would go to 200k. I have only put 5k (bought with 16k) miles on the landcruiser but have little doubt it will go the miles. Buying used save a ton, close to trad in value. Wish mpg was better,just matches the expedition at 14. Car is very solid.

Too much bass
By SK on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle, so so gas mileage. has been pretty good on tire mileage and brake wear. What's up with the bass in the stereo? Been back to Toyota 3 times only to have the regional rep tell us the amp was replaced (was it the right one...dealer won't prove it) and this is normal... can't even listen to some radio stations it's so bad...sounds OK with the motor off.

Who could you ask for anything more?
By toyolovr on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome drive. Not quite my FJ-60, but they are two different animals... really. Would recommend it to all my afffluent friends, and sneer to my not- so-affluent ones as I drive by.

My Lexus!
By LandYacht on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Just love it: the way it looks, drives, handles, sounds, smells. You name it, top quality from the word go! Mine has all the bells and whistles of a Lexus LX 470 and more, but cost me a lot less!

2002 Land Cruiser
By gu on 02/10/02 15:39 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I just got my Land Cruiser. I love it!! Very comfortable and quiet. I love the looks from behind, nicer taillights than the Lexus 470.