benchmark vehicle
By douge on
2000 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD
This is my second Land Cruiser...purchased after owning a GMC Suburban for a year. The ride, handling and build quality is superb. The new V-8 provides more than enough power and I get the same 15 MPG as I did with the 6-cylinder. This car is as comfortable on vacation as it is at the theatre. And, the folding third seats should be standard on every SUV. Like my previous Land Cruiser, it is the best car I've owned - just regular oil changes and brake pads to enjoy maintenance-free driving. At 3 years old, it looks brand new, inside and out...and I couldn't say the same for my one year old GM product. I'll be trading for another when my lease expires.
Favorite Features
folding 3rd row seats. superb build-quality rugged luxury benchmark performance/handling
Suggested Improvements
Its no wonder Lexus adopted this vehicle "as is" to promote its luxury brand image. I'm not sure the wood- grain dash really adds panache....and my only addition was an after-market entertainment system for the kids. Xenon headlights would be nice on the new one.