2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (35 reviews )
a keeper
By wintrcrsr on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Have put 14k miles on this truck since March 03 without a problem except that one manifold was cracked at purchase, dealer replaced under warranty. Added Bilstein shocks which reduced body roll. No comparison to pre-o3 4runnner i owned before. TLC is quick, fast, smooth, stable, quiet. Effortless and fun to drive on sand beaches, logging roads, in snow, rain, and all day driving. Bought off lease at auction for half of cost when new. Don't waste your time with chevys, fords or land rovers. The bang for the buck with LC is big.

As Good As It Gets
By CTP855 on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

My Landcruiser has been a pleasent experience through the first year and a half of ownership. The V-8 delivers plenty of power and smooth acceleration. The ride is firm but very controlled and stable. Handling is good for such a heavy vehicle, and the interior is roomy and comfortable. The fit, finish, and quality are impecable. Gas mileage is not real good, but most SUV's aren't. I tend to keep vehicles a long time, so hopefully this will turn out to be a reliable long term investment.

this is the best car made. period.
By mikewils on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had no problems whatsoever with my landcruiser. It is flawless and remains beautiful, smooth, and powerful.

Y2K cruiser
By mapconsultant on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Almost 3 years of ownership. Total reliability. Never a problem. Use mostly for long trips and the cruiser is very comfortable for long distance driving. Fuel economy is just what you must expect of a vechile of this size,roughly 15 to 16 MPG on the open road at 75 MPH. Bullet proof quality.

Best of both Worlds
By Tsai54 on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I've never had ANY problems since i purchased my LC about 4 years ago. I'm at 50,000 miles, take very good care of the interior/exterior so the car look brand new. I like to off-road and i have never gotten stuck. The one time i did get stuck is because of the lousy OEM tires that didn't get any traction, but my LC POWERED it way out of it. Since then i have replaced the OEM tires with specialty off-road tires. I am so happy with the car i am going to buy it out at the end of the lease, and will be installing a TRD Supercharger along with Bilstein shocks. This car is at home on or off the road, i spend alot of time on the freeway and surface streets.

Unbelievable machine!!!! I LOVE IT.
By AmirS on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

As big as an elephant, as smooth as a pillow. It is unbelievable.I did shop around for SUV's past 2 months.Nothing does beat that features,reliability, performance,,,,,,,of this 4700cc car. The power is awsome. Fuel economy might be a problem but, man you're buying such a big car with so many features. In fact compared to other cars same size it has the best fuel economy.

Riverrock Cruiser
By brittho on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Finding a 3 year old TLC on the market is a very difficult task it seems like. After months of searching we found a Riverrock Green cruiser. Without a doubt this must be the best looking color out there. Very rare color and have yet to see another in the area. With it being certified with a bumper to bumper warrenty until 100k it is like owning a new TLC for half the price. It is a dream come true to own one!

The Best Money Can Buy
By jaysun on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I'm now a believer in the Toyota legend. I bought my Land Cruiser with 47K miles on it, and it feels like it just came off the assembly line. Not a whistle, squeak, rattle, bump, or other phantom noise or vibration to be heard--and this is over springtime roads in New Hampshire. The fuel economy isn't the greatest but it's more than a fair price to pay for the quality and stability you're getting in this vehicle. For all you hear about them, I doubt the Hummer H2's are really this well engineered and built. And all this for several thousand less than I would have paid for a brand-new 4Runner!

Landcruiser lovers...
By Kris on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

We love the landcruiser! This vehicle was made for families on the go looking for power, safety & luxurious comfort

peace of mind
By peaceofmind on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I am beyond analytical...I reveiweed and tested drove everything. i had an BMW X-5 on order and cancelled it. I bought a 2000 L.Cruiser with littel regrets. It doesn't handel like the X-5 but the space and fit and finish won me over. The v-8 is awesome. The weight wears the brakes but will protect my love ones. The way I look at it ..it is a lot cheaper to pay the pump instead of the hospital. This is a very capabel vehicle one that cost too much but is worth every penny.