Used 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Toyota Land-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (35 reviews )

Best of the Best
By Land Cruiser #1

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had two Land Cruisers a 1997 and 2000, and with out any doubt, the Toyota Land Cruiser is the overall best SUV made today. I sold the vehicles when they had around 100k miles on them. However, I could have kept them for another 100k. Both vehicles were dealer maintained and they never had to do anything other than the routine scheduled maintenance. Everything about the vehicles was quality not a cheap part to be found inside or out. It is no wonder why the UN uses these vehicles around the world for relief efforts rather than the cruddy Land Rover Discovery anymore. By the way, I had a 96 Discovery SE7 and the damed thing started costing me $2000 per repair twice a year after 50k miles.

Favorite Features

Quality built engine, interior, and drivetran. Can carry a lot of gear, even with five passangers. This vehicle is fast, it has the same enging found in the Lexus LS 400. The trans shifting fromgear to gear is butter smooth. It is a big SUV but rides and handles like a luxuary sedan.

Suggested Improvements

For a vehicle this size the MPG was OK. On average about 15mpg. In the 20mpg range would really help. Also the brakes are OK but can be improved.

cruiser
By realestatelady

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

The cruiser is a great truck !! IT carries 7 people.

Favorite Features

4x4 nicest system available rated number 1

Suggested Improvements

This truck needs a navigation system which toyota offered a few years later

best SUV on the market
By cruiserman88

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

two years of ownwership never have a problem,one of the best SUV on the market,very comportable on long distance driving,definately a head turner if you dressed up with after market accessory.much much better than ml320 that i owned before. Owned one of this TLC and you will not disappointed.

Favorite Features

smooth drive, plenty of power, reliability that you can count on

Suggested Improvements

No suggested improvements.

Upgraded 'Cruiser
By Friediguana

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I just upgraded to the FJ100 from a FJ90 I had for ten years. All I can say is WOW! I beat my old FJ90 up something fierce and it just keeps rolling (250K)...I was thinking of keeping it 4 another 200K miles but a "used" (never off-road) FJ100 got my attention. Needless to say this newbie has exceeded all my expectations in terms of durability, power, and confidence.

Favorite Features

Locking diffies, suspension is a dream, beefed-up racks (niiice rack!), engine purrs.

Suggested Improvements

Always thirsty 4 fuel, Bridgestones and a standard 17" wheel would be better, better center-gauge ergonomics would be nice...but sheesh this car is made for the regular planet, not our patsy US roads.

6 More MPG and its PERFECT!
By JTax

2000 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

If you need one vehicle to do everything this is it! Amenities to spare, great power, comfort, superior road manners for its heft, quiet. The extra fuel cost is countered by its reliability. With fuel costs up the cost of a used one is well worth the investment. Heck, if I can't drive it I'll rent it out as a luxury studio apartment.

Favorite Features

Power everything, towing ease, visibility, ground clearance, smooth powerful engine, profile and exceptional reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Premium fuel...yikes. A TORNADO air intake upgrade and recalibrated computer air and fuel mixture add 2 to 3 more MPG.