Used 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

The best 4x4
By MP

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1999 Land Cruiser brand new with 4 miles on the odometer. This is the fifth Land Cruiser which I've owned; my previous Land Cruisers were: 1989, 1991, 1993 and 1996 models. My current 1999 Land Cruiser had 128,000 miles on it and every components function perfectly, it is a very reliable and good built 4x4. I've taken my Land Cruiser on many outing occasions with friends in off-road driving and it beat others 4x4 including Jeep and Range Rover models.

Strong V-8 engine as compared to previous in-line 6 Land Cruiser engine. The best 4x4 available and solidly built. All original parts are still functioning.

Stronger front and rear bumpers. A Ford pick-up rear ended my Land Cruiser and its front end collapsed totally and had to be towed away. My rear tail gate was dented a little bit but it is still drivable. No damages to other parts.

The best truck for family
By Rosanna Ortiz

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Is excellent, this car only damage the starter in nine years.

The heater in the seats, the cruise control and the excellent sound system.

Make this truck in hybrid system.

Finally Got One!!
By L/C Lover

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Waited a long time for an L/C. Finally got it for my 40th b-day. Traded LS 400 - also awesome. The L/C is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Total confidence with this L/C. Bought with 65K, now @ 110K and you can't hear it run. Best vehicle for a family, kids, dog, anything. Just put new shocks on it and it rides like new. I wish it had a little more towing capacity as I occasionally tow a 6500# Airstream. Love this truck... it was worth the wait!

It can go just about anywhere. Very solid build... no rattles. Great visibility.

Maybe a little more power and mileage... can't have it all.

I love mine
By renni

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine off of ebay, and it needed work right off that the guy neglected to tell me about. After getting the work done by my husband, I have to say I love this SUV. It has tons of rust underneath being originally from OH but even so, it hasn't let me down for a minute. My husband wants it for himself but it's mine and I plan to run it to 400K hopefully. Nothing beats no car payments.

It is a little loud and the drink holders are non existent, other than that it is great.

Happy I bought it
By r cole

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I had never driven a car more than 100,000 miles I like this car so much I can see little reason to change after 205,000 miles. We got 75,000 miles on each of two sets tires, extremely comfortable cruising and never under powered for my purposes. Using synthetic and driving fast freeway mileage, but some offroad and backcountry.

comfort quality and durabilty

third row seats are heavy and a little more trouble than some I have seen in newer cars. haven't looked at newer landcruisers