1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (28 reviews )
"Love this truck"
By voyager10 on 09/17/11 08:18 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have been a toyota family for two decades now. Since I owned this landcruiser, I drove it from Southern California up to Alaska passing thru British Columbia and Yukon Territory. It never gives me a problem from those winding road of Oregon-Mt. Shasta to the hills of BC, Yukon and Alaska in all types of weather condition or on/off road.

Rock solid luxury vehicle
By Mental on 11/29/09 09:06 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This is an extremely reliable, comfortable, and useful vehicle. As close to maintenance free as any car you can own. Built like a tank, but rides like a Cadillac. After 10 years, all electronics and mechanics are working perfectly. Leather is holding up great. Unstoppable in snow and mud. I wish it got a little better than 13-14 mpg though. Still would never get rid of it. This thing will go 400k miles.

There is no other. . .
By sierra68 on 02/16/09 19:46 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

145K, engine/tranny never skips a beat, paint still looks 95% new, interior indestructible, tackles anything asked of it and at 10 years old, people still comment on how incredible it looks and can't believe it's a 99:) The fuel economy is poor but I'm guessing if you're looking at the Cruiser, you're more concerned with safety, ride quality, dependability, and bring me anywhere and return me safe-ability. It is, for lack of better wording, an incredible vehicle.

Best SUV ever made
By dscabicky on 10/26/08 18:59 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Comfortable on long highway drives yet will cover just about any bad terrain. Great vehicle in the snow. Plush interior. I bought this car with about 30K on the odo and now have about 100K. Still feel like new. Very few problems other than 02 sensors (2) and a couple of minor things. The power antenna tends to break but is cheap to fix. Stereo is not the greatest. Wood interior trim discolors with time. Beware, though, that if you do have a mechanical problem parts are outlandishly expensive. A new master key from the dealer runs $250.

The best 4x4
By MP on 08/16/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1999 Land Cruiser brand new with 4 miles on the odometer. This is the fifth Land Cruiser which I've owned; my previous Land Cruisers were: 1989, 1991, 1993 and 1996 models. My current 1999 Land Cruiser had 128,000 miles on it and every components function perfectly, it is a very reliable and good built 4x4. I've taken my Land Cruiser on many outing occasions with friends in off-road driving and it beat others 4x4 including Jeep and Range Rover models.

The best truck for family
By Rosanna Ortiz on 06/20/08 16:53 PM (PDT)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Is excellent, this car only damage the starter in nine years.

Finally Got One!!
By L/C Lover on 02/15/07 15:29 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

Waited a long time for an L/C. Finally got it for my 40th b-day. Traded LS 400 - also awesome. The L/C is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Total confidence with this L/C. Bought with 65K, now @ 110K and you can't hear it run. Best vehicle for a family, kids, dog, anything. Just put new shocks on it and it rides like new. I wish it had a little more towing capacity as I occasionally tow a 6500# Airstream. Love this truck... it was worth the wait!

I love mine
By renni on 01/16/07 17:12 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine off of ebay, and it needed work right off that the guy neglected to tell me about. After getting the work done by my husband, I have to say I love this SUV. It has tons of rust underneath being originally from OH but even so, it hasn't let me down for a minute. My husband wants it for himself but it's mine and I plan to run it to 400K hopefully. Nothing beats no car payments.

Happy I bought it
By r cole on 12/08/05 15:01 PM (PST)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I had never driven a car more than 100,000 miles I like this car so much I can see little reason to change after 205,000 miles. We got 75,000 miles on each of two sets tires, extremely comfortable cruising and never under powered for my purposes. Using synthetic and driving fast freeway mileage, but some offroad and backcountry.

Land Cruisers Live-up to their Name
By California Cruiser on 01/12/05 00:20 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle used with around 50,000 miles. I now have 94,000 miles and it is almost as good as new. The only repairs that I have had to make were: re-painting of the rear spoiler and roof rack (it faded), the replacement of the starter which went out around 70K (not so unusual) and the cup-holder cover broke on the center console. I have owned Toyotas since ‘94 and will continue to do so. The exterior paint looks as good as new even after 6 years in the California sun! (I do wax it once a month though.) I highly recommend the Land Cruiser.