1997 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Review: Wow-I love this car.

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Wow-I love this car.
By plarsen on

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this car with 190,000 miles. It is now at 270,000 miles. My only repair was a new radiator, which I probably could have skipped but was on vacation with family and didn't want to chance it. Like previous reviewers, the wife and I fought over this car although we had a newer one with less miles sitting in the driveway! I will definitely be buying another land cruiser. Although mileage is poor, you make up for it with lack of repairs. Truly a pleasure to drive. Also, like the previous reviewer, we got rid of a Jeep Grand Cherokee to buy this. That car was always in the shop. Not the land cruiser. Wonderful car.

The look, 4-way adjustable seats, reliability, driving it, off road capabilities, people's comments of my car, safety, can hold 7 people in a pinch.

If you are a tall person, this may not be the car for you. There is not a lot of "leg room" in the front seat. I hear that there is an adjustment that can be done for more leg room, but... I also wish my 97 had a little more tow capacity. It is 5000 lbs. But I am willing to sacrifice. 98 and later models get to 6500.