1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - It's legendary for a reason!!!

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Review

It's legendary for a reason!!!
By badcanine on

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had the Cruiser for 2 years. Bought it certified used from a Toyota dealer. This thing was immaculate with very low miles. We still only have 68,000 on it now. I hope to drive this thing forever and I think the only thing that I would replace it with is another landcruiser. A word about price. Landcruisers are very expensive to buy, but very reliable and cost very little to operate as ther are virtually no repairs. They also last forever at leat 50,000 to 100,000 miles longer than any american SUV's and can take anything you can dish out. Be smart and buy one you will not regret it.

Favorite Features

Leather seats are actually made of leather. Much higher quality than any other SUV's. Power seats are very adjustable and have just the right firmness for any length of drive. Very nice ride and overall comfort. Overall build quality is excellent!

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders (More and Bigger), higher gas mileage, a bit more power and make 2nd row seat a 2/3 split bench so you can use the third row seats without removing either child seats. This is small stuff for an excellent vihicle and I have no major issues.