Wow-I love this car.
By plarsen on
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser 40th Anniversary Limited 4dr SUV 4WD
Bought this car with 190,000 miles. It is now at 270,000 miles. My only repair was a new radiator, which I probably could have skipped but was on vacation with family and didn't want to chance it. Like previous reviewers, the wife and I fought over this car although we had a newer one with less miles sitting in the driveway! I will definitely be buying another land cruiser. Although mileage is poor, you make up for it with lack of repairs. Truly a pleasure to drive. Also, like the previous reviewer, we got rid of a Jeep Grand Cherokee to buy this. That car was always in the shop. Not the land cruiser. Wonderful car.
Favorite Features
The look, 4-way adjustable seats, reliability, driving it, off road capabilities, people's comments of my car, safety, can hold 7 people in a pinch.
Suggested Improvements
If you are a tall person, this may not be the car for you. There is not a lot of "leg room" in the front seat. I hear that there is an adjustment that can be done for more leg room, but... I also wish my 97 had a little more tow capacity. It is 5000 lbs. But I am willing to sacrifice. 98 and later models get to 6500.