1997 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Land Cruiser model:
BEST TRUCK OUT THERE?
By LUVMYCRUISER on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 40th Anniversary Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my landcrusher for 3 years now and can say it is flawless. The engine runs smooth, the body quality is still excellent, and I have only ever had to change brake pads, fuel filters and the oil, of course! I would recommend a used landcruiser to anyone looking for a new nissan or similar. It has a timing chain so forget the timing belt BS with other trucks. The only one thing I would have changed is the front leg room and more cup holders, but that is a small price to pay for all you get otherwise.

quality toy
By amos on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my toy for three years The reliabity is outstanding. I plan to kee [p it formany years to come. It has the best looks and quality of all suvs

Still amazing.
By gearhound on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

From day one to now I am amazed by this vehicle. 120k and I've only replaced the brake pads and changed the oil along with regular service. This is the fourth Toyota I have owned they are consistent in quality and reliability.

BEST SUV OF 1997
By OWNONE on 03/01/02 17:53 PM (PST)

1997 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 40th Anniversary Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK NEW IN 1997 AND HAVE NOT BEEN DISAPPOINTED. I COMPARED IT TO A RANGE ROVER, MERCEDES, ETC. I DID NOT BUY THE RANGE ROVER BECAUSE OF ITS DISMAL BUILD QUALITY.THE MERCEDES WAS JUST COMING OUT AND HAD AN UNPROVEN TRACK RECORD, AS WELL AS LOOKING LIKE AN EGG WITH WHEELS. I AM GLAD I DID NOT PURCHASE THE MERCEDES, AS IT HAS HAD A HORRIBLE TRACK RECORD CONCERNING QUALITY. I HAVE OVER 100,000 MILES ON MY 1997 LANDCRUISER AND HAVE HAD NO PROBLEMS.