Oldie but still truckin!
By SFguy on
1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD
Thought I'd toss up a review for our old 94 Land Crusher. By far the best money I've ever spent on a car let alone a used car. With the recent fuel price hikes this past summer the wife and I shopped every possible option and besides the fuel mileage we just couldn't justify the cost of replacing a perfectly good vehicle. We are the 2nd owner - first owner was a soccer mom to the full sense of the word. The last two years they owned it they drove it 10,000 miles total! We bought it with 104,000 miles on it, All records - total cream puff LC. We bought it to haul boats - butts and camping gear. That and put the largest tires on it that would fit :-) 135,000 miles later it runs fantastic!
Favorite Features
Size!! It will haul 5 adults comfortably 6 with 1/2 the 3rd row in play. Yet it still parks in the same slot as my Subaru.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel mileage - - fuel mileage!! We had a 9 passenger stretched Land Cruiser for two weeks in Tanzania. It had a low tech diesel engine it posted 23 mpg US (converted) for our trip of back road safari driving. Had plenty of kick to get the job done and on the highway! No excuse for US version to get 14.