1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Land-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

1994 Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Sure-footed
By mark walk

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle I ever owned great in snow reliability is awesome comfort is good and can't beat the build quality at 211,000 miles still runs great uses no oil why cant they make them as good as they did in 94.

Favorite Features

looks reliability fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

none as i know other people complain about mileage what do you expect for 3 ton vehicle if i wanted mileage i would have bought a vw bug

I love this car!!!! But I need a change
By tropicalhazard

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I truly enjoy my car and am so proud to drive it. It drives smooth, and great rocky terrain. It's soo spacious and easy to maneuver. But as a college student, I'm looking for something smaller now.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are definitely the 4WD, sun roof, third row leather seating, spacious, the 8 surrounding speakers rock and how safe the car is, and it's 15yrs old but looks amazing!

Suggested Improvements

*the standard CD player is junk..... it's the one thing that's aged. But I left alone for those who want to get a certain cd player * Oil leak * new antenna * passenger seat is motorized but needs to be fixed. It's stuck * a new intake hose, it costs &120 * new hub caps

Oldie but still truckin!
By SFguy

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Thought I'd toss up a review for our old 94 Land Crusher. By far the best money I've ever spent on a car let alone a used car. With the recent fuel price hikes this past summer the wife and I shopped every possible option and besides the fuel mileage we just couldn't justify the cost of replacing a perfectly good vehicle. We are the 2nd owner - first owner was a soccer mom to the full sense of the word. The last two years they owned it they drove it 10,000 miles total! We bought it with 104,000 miles on it, All records - total cream puff LC. We bought it to haul boats - butts and camping gear. That and put the largest tires on it that would fit :-) 135,000 miles later it runs fantastic!

Favorite Features

Size!! It will haul 5 adults comfortably 6 with 1/2 the 3rd row in play. Yet it still parks in the same slot as my Subaru.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage - - fuel mileage!! We had a 9 passenger stretched Land Cruiser for two weeks in Tanzania. It had a low tech diesel engine it posted 23 mpg US (converted) for our trip of back road safari driving. Had plenty of kick to get the job done and on the highway! No excuse for US version to get 14.

250,000
By ML

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome vehicle. Have hunted out of it, fished out of it, towed with it and drove the kids to school in it for 12 years. Almost at the 240,000 mile mark and it looks like it might time for another one!

Favorite Features

Great offroad & towing capability but still a good vehicle for city driving.

Suggested Improvements

Third row "jump seats" are not useful except for small adults.

Smooth Operator
By Hershell West

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck purchase has been a great investment. Its body style is timeless - I'm often told by people they think it's 8-10 years newer. Hauling 8 people around is a great feature. It tows my trailer and camper around as if there is nothing behind it. The gas mileage is not anything to write home about but that's about the only negative aspect. My wife loves it! I try to put her and my kids in it when there is snow/ice on the ground. The 4 wheel drive has great traction and I feel very safe when I put my family in it. Great decision to buy!

Favorite Features

8 person seating, 4WD, bodystyle, towing power, features, durability, excellent build, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage.

Toyota Landcruiser is the Best!
By Cruiser

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Owned them all, but the Landcruiser is the best for the money. Toyota made them to last and they are legendary off road. Have 212K miles and still tight. Mine has the rare fr/rr locking diffs. Seats 7-8 but mostly for kids in the rear. Had the PHH/heater hose replaced/very hard to get to. The build on this thing is unbelievable, doors, switches even the CD works fine. Motor has lots of torque. Mileage could be better but it's a tank with full time 4wd, same mpg as my last Suburban. These are built to last and not EVER let you down. Change the oil and do the maintenance and it won't fail.

Favorite Features

Build quality, tight feel, tons of features in a small package, seats for 8 if needed, legendary Reliabilty and off-road ability when needed. I know my family is safe no matter what when in this vehicle. I believe this could easily go to 500K miles no problem.

Suggested Improvements

Duh, gas mileage. For a big heavy truck with full-time 4 wheel drive, big tires and a utility shape its just what you would expect.

Absolute Tank!
By tdixn

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for about a year now and it runs like a tank! Not one problem. It has around 110K and oil changes are all I have had to do. Best truck I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

Reliability and looks.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, but then what can you expect with full-time 4 wheel drive. My husband's Dodge 1500 gets better mileage!

Wears like a suit... of silken armour.
By DTMASO

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased second hand eight years ago to replace my aging and high-mile '86 4-Runner I can't imagine ever letting this one go... no matter the acruing miles. At 135,000 miles it's strong as ever.

Favorite Features

Excellent visability all around and the most comfortable seats I've ever had. Accerlation from the straight-6 makes passengers think there's a V8 under the hood. Handling is awsome on and off road - and I drive like a bat- outa-hell. Easy ingress and egress.

Suggested Improvements

1) CD skips terribly - almost useless on moderately rough roads, 2) I go through brake pads like their butter - (5200lbs GVW x 80 to 0mph in nothing flat - go figure!) 3) Mileage sucks, but it's worth it

The battleship
By minicooper

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is built like a tank. MY nick name for it is the Yamato after the battleship. The ride is harsh but still secure for such a big vehicle--- we have very rough streets. It has been completely reliable and minimal maintenance needed. Great vehicle for Saturday garage saleing!

Favorite Features

I like the height of the driver's view and climbing into the thing---it feels like you are a P-51 fighter pilot saddling up for a mission.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power would be nice but frankly for what it is designed to do - -it is adequate. If I want speed and handling I drive my MINI Cooper S.

Toughest vehicle on the road
By FishIdaho

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

There is not a more reliable rig in the backcountry and rides smooth in town. I am not particularly easy on vehicle and drive my Land cruiser for its intended purpose. The rig is tough as nails and exremely reliable. Gives me a great sense of comfort. It's never left me stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Favorite Features

Center diff. lock, moon roof., 3rd gear. Straight 6 is an awesome engine.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable bucket seats (mine is a '92 though). I don't expect better fuel economy.