1994 Toyota Land Cruiser - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )
Sure-footed
By mark walk on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle I ever owned great in snow reliability is awesome comfort is good and can't beat the build quality at 211,000 miles still runs great uses no oil why cant they make them as good as they did in 94.

I love this car!!!! But I need a change
By tropicalhazard on 05/08/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I truly enjoy my car and am so proud to drive it. It drives smooth, and great rocky terrain. It's soo spacious and easy to maneuver. But as a college student, I'm looking for something smaller now.

Oldie but still truckin!
By SFguy on 02/05/09 10:58 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Thought I'd toss up a review for our old 94 Land Crusher. By far the best money I've ever spent on a car let alone a used car. With the recent fuel price hikes this past summer the wife and I shopped every possible option and besides the fuel mileage we just couldn't justify the cost of replacing a perfectly good vehicle. We are the 2nd owner - first owner was a soccer mom to the full sense of the word. The last two years they owned it they drove it 10,000 miles total! We bought it with 104,000 miles on it, All records - total cream puff LC. We bought it to haul boats - butts and camping gear. That and put the largest tires on it that would fit :-) 135,000 miles later it runs fantastic!

250,000
By ML on 09/13/08 16:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome vehicle. Have hunted out of it, fished out of it, towed with it and drove the kids to school in it for 12 years. Almost at the 240,000 mile mark and it looks like it might time for another one!

Smooth Operator
By Hershell West on 03/29/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck purchase has been a great investment. Its body style is timeless - I'm often told by people they think it's 8-10 years newer. Hauling 8 people around is a great feature. It tows my trailer and camper around as if there is nothing behind it. The gas mileage is not anything to write home about but that's about the only negative aspect. My wife loves it! I try to put her and my kids in it when there is snow/ice on the ground. The 4 wheel drive has great traction and I feel very safe when I put my family in it. Great decision to buy!

Toyota Landcruiser is the Best!
By Cruiser on 11/08/07 19:15 PM (PST)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Owned them all, but the Landcruiser is the best for the money. Toyota made them to last and they are legendary off road. Have 212K miles and still tight. Mine has the rare fr/rr locking diffs. Seats 7-8 but mostly for kids in the rear. Had the PHH/heater hose replaced/very hard to get to. The build on this thing is unbelievable, doors, switches even the CD works fine. Motor has lots of torque. Mileage could be better but it's a tank with full time 4wd, same mpg as my last Suburban. These are built to last and not EVER let you down. Change the oil and do the maintenance and it won't fail.

Absolute Tank!
By tdixn on 10/03/07 18:23 PM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for about a year now and it runs like a tank! Not one problem. It has around 110K and oil changes are all I have had to do. Best truck I've ever owned!

Wears like a suit... of silken armour.
By DTMASO on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased second hand eight years ago to replace my aging and high-mile '86 4-Runner I can't imagine ever letting this one go... no matter the acruing miles. At 135,000 miles it's strong as ever.

The battleship
By minicooper on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle is built like a tank. MY nick name for it is the Yamato after the battleship. The ride is harsh but still secure for such a big vehicle--- we have very rough streets. It has been completely reliable and minimal maintenance needed. Great vehicle for Saturday garage saleing!

Toughest vehicle on the road
By FishIdaho on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

There is not a more reliable rig in the backcountry and rides smooth in town. I am not particularly easy on vehicle and drive my Land cruiser for its intended purpose. The rig is tough as nails and exremely reliable. Gives me a great sense of comfort. It's never left me stuck in the middle of nowhere.