Used 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Toyota Land-cruiser - Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

Sure-footed
By mark walk

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle I ever owned great in snow reliability is awesome comfort is good and can't beat the build quality at 211,000 miles still runs great uses no oil why cant they make them as good as they did in 94.

Favorite Features

looks reliability fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

none as i know other people complain about mileage what do you expect for 3 ton vehicle if i wanted mileage i would have bought a vw bug

I love this car!!!! But I need a change
By tropicalhazard

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

I truly enjoy my car and am so proud to drive it. It drives smooth, and great rocky terrain. It's soo spacious and easy to maneuver. But as a college student, I'm looking for something smaller now.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are definitely the 4WD, sun roof, third row leather seating, spacious, the 8 surrounding speakers rock and how safe the car is, and it's 15yrs old but looks amazing!

Suggested Improvements

*the standard CD player is junk..... it's the one thing that's aged. But I left alone for those who want to get a certain cd player * Oil leak * new antenna * passenger seat is motorized but needs to be fixed. It's stuck * a new intake hose, it costs &120 * new hub caps

Oldie but still truckin!
By SFguy

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Thought I'd toss up a review for our old 94 Land Crusher. By far the best money I've ever spent on a car let alone a used car. With the recent fuel price hikes this past summer the wife and I shopped every possible option and besides the fuel mileage we just couldn't justify the cost of replacing a perfectly good vehicle. We are the 2nd owner - first owner was a soccer mom to the full sense of the word. The last two years they owned it they drove it 10,000 miles total! We bought it with 104,000 miles on it, All records - total cream puff LC. We bought it to haul boats - butts and camping gear. That and put the largest tires on it that would fit :-) 135,000 miles later it runs fantastic!

Favorite Features

Size!! It will haul 5 adults comfortably 6 with 1/2 the 3rd row in play. Yet it still parks in the same slot as my Subaru.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage - - fuel mileage!! We had a 9 passenger stretched Land Cruiser for two weeks in Tanzania. It had a low tech diesel engine it posted 23 mpg US (converted) for our trip of back road safari driving. Had plenty of kick to get the job done and on the highway! No excuse for US version to get 14.

250,000
By ML

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

Awesome vehicle. Have hunted out of it, fished out of it, towed with it and drove the kids to school in it for 12 years. Almost at the 240,000 mile mark and it looks like it might time for another one!

Favorite Features

Great offroad & towing capability but still a good vehicle for city driving.

Suggested Improvements

Third row "jump seats" are not useful except for small adults.

Smooth Operator
By Hershell West

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck purchase has been a great investment. Its body style is timeless - I'm often told by people they think it's 8-10 years newer. Hauling 8 people around is a great feature. It tows my trailer and camper around as if there is nothing behind it. The gas mileage is not anything to write home about but that's about the only negative aspect. My wife loves it! I try to put her and my kids in it when there is snow/ice on the ground. The 4 wheel drive has great traction and I feel very safe when I put my family in it. Great decision to buy!

Favorite Features

8 person seating, 4WD, bodystyle, towing power, features, durability, excellent build, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage.