Used 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (16 reviews )

the best SUV ever
By cjcarlos

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have this 1993 L/C right now with 117500 miles and thid a safety free of problem vehicle poor in fuel consume but a reliable auto before i haved 1993 with 350000 miles and continious running i dont change a landcruiser

Awesome Ride!
By 93_tlc

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I love it. My teenage daughter and son love it. Even my Mini Driving wife loves it. While I bought it for just $7,200 I've had to sink $3,000 into it to make it safe. My guess is another $3-5K to bring it into good enough shape to last the next 100K miles. So Far: Brakes, rotors, bearings, belts and a few other odds and ends. Suspect: Shocks, Upper/lower oil pans. Electric window motors. Hydraulic lifts on rear window. Starter...So... while it's a great car to run so well with 138K miles don't kid yourselves...Maintenance can add up! Still...I won't trade it and may buy another if I can find the right deal.

exterior looks sharp, rear sliding window for the dog, AWD is beastly, comfort, roomy

too late to improve but... the gas mileage is very 1993.

Still Going after 300K miles
By cruiseit

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I have this 1993 LC from Day One. I have 304,000 miles on the original engine, transmission, water pump and alternator. I just changed the starter about 6 months. Reliabilty = #1. I have never had any of the electrical issues mentioned about the 1993 Landcruiser. I have the cloth interior and it still looks excellent after 19 years - that would not be true with the optional leather interior. Longivity = change the oil, change transmission fuel, change all the gear oil.

Excellent build quality and parts; durability; standard equipment transmission cooler; standard equipment power steering cooler; dual belts on the alternator

Engine needed more HP and poor fuel mileage; metallic brake pads for longer life

Great Old SUV
By Texas Offroad

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought it a year ago with 160,000 miles, now it has 172,000 miles, no major problems, had to replace both oxygen sensors ($140 ea. @ the dealership, don't get cheap aftermarket- never work) had to fix both front seats (replace new gear electric motor), had to recharge A/C, still have a minor leak in the main seal, well it's a 17 year old SUV, It has a 4" lift kit, winch, ARB bumper, snorkel, people always ask me about it, the design is so contemporary, it is aging very well, I love it, very reliable, great ride on road and off road, great heater system for back seat passengers, even the factory audio system is better than most new cars, great value for the money money, another 100k miles!

One Owner and over 250K miles
By Paul Simon

1993 Toyota Land Cruiser SUV 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been great truck / SUV. I have never had any electrical problems that others may have experienced. I have 257,000 miles on it - original engine, water pump, starter and alternator. Engine and trans have never been apart. Regular maintenance keeps her running.

Solid front axle in the 91 - 97 (and earlier) Land Cruisers are hard to beat. I have no play in the steering wheel and she drives absolutely straight. Good stiff suspension. Engine is absolutely flawless and idles smooth.

Transmission was reprogrammed for '93 from the '91/'92 that used all 5 gears in the auto. '93 only uses 4 gears and does not no when to downshift at speeds between 10-25mph. Engine needed more horsepower for North America and hence the V8 solved that problem in '98.