2015 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Always a Toyota person, never again though
By M. Nick

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV LE Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The buzzing noise is horrible when the weather is cold. Entune does not work well, only intermittent. AC is not reliable. Internal cabin seats, center console are poor quality and after only a year and a half owning the car, it's cracking already and my drivers seat shows wear.

Very Impressed
By J Davis

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV LE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We've had this car for two years. We have two kids under 5 years old. We have loved this car, its styling, its comfort, and its reliability. Pros: Very comfortable, great drive, good handling, first 20k maintenance included, reliable, very solid all the way around in every category, awesome tray under dashboard. Cons: Toyota still seems to be struggling a little with inside aesthetics, mixing colors that don't match, etc. The third row seat is difficult to get to and very uncomfortable - Probably only viable for kids 7-13 age range, with even a small booster seat in the car it takes up more width than allotted for the seat so you can not take advantage of the 60/40 split with two in the car, you pay a premium price for features where you can get much more for the same money on a car like a Nissan Pathfinder (but this car handles better *Toyota that is*), small issue with blind spots as found in many cross overs in this category, gas millage much worse on highway and city than listed. Overall great vehicle and we would buy it again.

over priced uncomfortable and not user friendly
By Don Levad

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Nav. system is a total disaster to the point of being a danger to use.The seats are like concrete and the passenger seat does not articulate. the remote start has no range and works maybe one out of ten tries. The Hwy Mpg is about the same as my 400 hp 2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi PU and worse than the 5.3 v8 Envoy we traded in.The tire pressure monitor has no gage. No oil pressure gage or volt meter? What is this 1959? Dome lights put out about 2 watts and the factory hitch looks like it was put in with a chain saw. Radar cruise control or the manual resume takes a week to regain the loss of speed. We just returned from a 2000 mile trip in this brand new car and my wife and I have never hated a car more. I have owned at least 25 new cars in my life and have never been so disappointed. I do not care how much it cost. This turd is gone!

Technology challenged!!!!!
By Dan

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

This car has the absolutely worst interface i have ever experienced. I had numerous lexus models and never had a problem with their electronics. I realize this is not a lexus but the Toyota brand has sunk to terrible lows in putting the Head unit ( navigation and entertainment) in this car. They ruin the entire experience of ownership. A car that does a reasonable job on comfort and economy falls down terribly when the navigation and entertainment system shuts down every fifteen mins. After ten shop visits and a final escalation to Toyota HQ, the answer was the unit is not completely compatible with the Apple iPhone. Really, not compatible with the most popular phone on the planet. I didn't believe it at first but i have come to believe them. After having been stranded many times due to navigation failures i gave up and sold the car. I move back to MB and i have never been happier. I hope someone in Toyota reads this and realizes they lost a customer for ever. I would never buy another vehicle from them.

Good Car But Don't Buy it for the Nav System
By Gene

2015 Toyota Highlander SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

The navigation system leaves a lot to be desired. I read some of the other reviews and I agree that it's not intuitive to operate and the lack of functions that can be used when moving is not good. I have an example as to why I don't trust the navigation system. I was 2.5 miles from home. I know how to get there. To show the issue let me say I compared the Toyota system to my Garmin unit, Apple Maps, and Google Maps. All three non-Toyota devices computed the route successfully as 2.5 miles and about 6 minutes. The Toyota wanted me to take another route which was 3.9 miles and 11 minutes. Not good. I pulled over to better use the controls. The Toyota
showed 2 routes (the alternate was the same as Short so I am not including that).
Quick 3.9 miles 11 minutes
Short 2.5 miles 6 minutes

How can the quickest route be 5 minutes longer than the "short". The "short" was both less miles and less time. The Garmin understands short to mean distance and quickest to be the fastest time.

Lastly, if you have a way point (destination) you can't cancel the route, the Toyota option is to "Delete" it. But you are not deleting it as it still goes into "previous destinations". Just bad terminology for a navigation system. I have engaged Toyota on this and this and other issues that I have and there is "nothing they can do"

If I go some place that is new, I take my Garmin.