19 of 19 people found this review helpful
Definitely a family car
By jayaswals on
2014 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
The 2014 Highlander XLE AWD does has what it takes to be successful. It has a decent pick up, not very sporty, but thats what you get when driving a big car. The best aspect of pick up is when you are merging in a freeway and it delivers.
It has cool interiors and nice safety features (annoying to some). For e.g. you cannot set a route on the navigation unless the vehicle is at full stop. You can speak to the voice command to set the via route though. The voice needs some training.
the ride is smooth and quieter than any other big car I have driven. the seats are very comfortable. The handling is nice and of course it has the Toyota reliability.
- 3 remote key sync.
- half hatch open in the back - good for my low height garage.
- different height settings for the main hatch in the back.
- ride height
- wide seats
- dash looks classy
- power driver seat only.
- back camera is quite clear.
- turn assist would have been nice
- the passenger seat on front is not power. Why??? there is no reason for it not to be a power seat like the drivers'
- right lane change assist would have been nice too.