94 of 236 people found this review helpful
Wow! Bigger, beautiful, fast, handles well
By happyrc on
2014 Toyota Highlander XLE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Accelerates fast (3.5 L engine) and smoothly because it has 6 speeds.
I would guess 0-60 time of 7.1 like 2013 model.
- Voice commands for dialing a phone, playing a song
- Double wishbone rear suspension for better handling and wider 3rd row.
We hardly felt speed bumps.
- Shelf for cellphone, Bluetooth, hands-free
- BIG 8inch GPS TOUCHSCREEN and backup camera and apps like Accuweather, traffic. and computer is snappy
- side mirrors have turn light blinkers
- more space behind the 3rd row
- Sexy styling (looks a little like Jeep Cherokee and BMW X5) with chrome accents on
Integrated rear spoiler.
The door's body tapers in toward the glass
- 11 airbags, includes driver's knee
- traction control, stability control, ABS
- sliding 2nd row seat makes it easy to get to the 3rd row
- 3 ac outlets and a 110V outlet
- Small turning radius of 38.7 feet
- BIG 245/60/18 tires
- Auto dimming rearview mirror
- Easy Driver Speak to amplify driver's voice to the rear passengers via speakers
- 3 zones a/c system controllable by 2nd row passengers
- Fog lights
- Daytime running lights
- tailgate glass opens
- 1 push window down for BOTH driver and passenger
- Power tailgate
- Push button start
- sunshades in the 2nd row
- garage homelink
- heated side mirrors
- sliding sun visor
- 24 mo/24k miles of free Toyota maintenance
- Tailights are not LED.
- XLE model does not come with white LED light in front; it is only available in higher models like LIMITED.
- include mud guards