2014 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Platinum Is Golden!

2014 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Limited Platinum 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Platinum Is Golden!
By md4runnerman on

2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I got the Limited Platinum about 10 days ago.
All I can say is wow.
I love the sharper looking exterior except the front grille, but it is growing on me.
The interior is gorgeous and plush.
I finally got the almond leather interior after many years not having it and I love the contrast of colors.
It is a sharper driving vehicle than the 2011 Limited that I traded in.
Better feel of the road and handling.
The new 6 speed automatic is very encouraging so far as far as gas mileage.
Seems better than the 2011 and it is brand new with very little mileage so the mileage should actually get better after I drive it a few thousand miles!
Puts a smile on my face even more than the 2011 did.

The Platinum is loaded. But an early favorite is the Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Love how it paces my vehicle behind the one in front of me and even applies the brakes if needed automatically. I highly recommend the Driver Technology. The information screen between the front gauges has a lot of options and neat things to look at. Still learning all the things I can do with it. The Main screen in the center stack is 8" large making it easy to read. Controls are intuitive and the layout is just beautiful. The Limited had unique LED blue lighting in the cabin which I is cool. The heated steering wheel will be great next winter. So much to love about the redesign of the 2014.

Sometimes the big screen in the center stack is hard to see in the glare of bright overhead sun. Need to recess it or something but usually it is still readable even so.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review