2013 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Wheel Bearing

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Review

Wheel Bearing
By ellas on

2013 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took my new Highlander (with 2300 miles on it) on vacation to Hilton Head Island - after arrival, started hearing a roaring noise from left rear tire area - stopped by Toyota dealership and they discovered the wheel bearing needed to be replaced. Had to delay my scheduled return home for a couple of days, thus putting me into the midst of a tropical storm. Very inconvenient and frightening. After all the research I conducted before purchasing a new car, I was shocked that I became stranded while on vacation in my brand new car. Needless to say, I feel uncomfortable about driving this car for a long distance again.

Leather seats and numerous cupholders!

Rear view camera - I feel it should have a distance indicator, at least, with an audible sound (parking assist?). Also, I am 5'4 and the lumbar support on driver's seat does not fit me - designed for someone taller.
By vincent33
on 02/11/14 16:02 PM (PST)

Bummer, but hardly a reason to loose trust in your new Highlander. For what it is worth our 2002 Highlander is going strong... looking around here for TMV pricing on a 2013 SE. end of year clearance Highlander. Don't fret, odds are that bearing will be your only issue before the brakes need work in another 40k. Look at the Ford Explorer, and Edge reviews for a little perspective.