Entune sysem is garbage
By phillymic22 on
2013 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I love the look and feel of my Toyota Highlander and it is a pleasant ride until you try to use the Entune radio system. The HD radio is awful, constantly goes in and out, the satellite radio constantly loses reception and the GPS system leaves a lot to be desired. I am so disappointed with this system, I am starting to regret paying top dollar for a limited model. I will need to replace this system to save my sanity.
Favorite Features
Smart key system, smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
Entune system needs to be revamped, put some power outlets in the back of the car.
By slyone2
on 09/27/13 14:42 PM (PDT)

I want to commend Edmonds for posting criticism of cars that other sites ignore in order to keep that car's consumer rating falsely high in order to sell their vehicles. I still would have bought my Prius V 3 but I would have liked not to have been lied to beforehand and I caution other Prius V 3 owners to have reasonable expectations. I was told I could plug in my iTunes library. Entune rejected it as too much power consumption. I can sync older technology cars to my ITunes library but not my new Prius V3. The auxillary port does not deliver as promised. Toyota does not provide a visor for the navigation system which will not work well in bright sunlight and no other company has provided one either as NavCap has for the regular Prius.

By slyone2
on 09/27/13 14:34 PM (PDT)

As a new Prius V3 2013 owner I spent my time on other car sites reviewing my Prius so others might have reasonable expectations only to see that car site ignore it so that Prius V 3 consumer expectations were higher than the truth. Entune has nice navigation. That is what I bought it for and I am happy with it. Entune itself is a consumer ripoff favoring the satellite companies and the cell phone companies data plans. I love my Bluetooth but it requires a smart phone which isn't cheap to buy and their data plan is expensive at 30 dollars a month. Those of you on limited income don't need to spend that kind of money. When my honeymoon subscription is over I won't subscribe to anything and I sure won't waste my money on expensive data plans so I can listen to free Pandora. I bought a memory chip for my smart phone and will play my paid for songs as entertainment. Only after I bought the system did the Toyota salesman explain that I would pay through the nose on my cellphone data plan as I was encouraged to buy Satellite which at 9 dollars a month is more affordable. However I am cheap and I have CDs and cellphone songs which I already own to keep me awake at the wheel as I drive through rural America. I don't want future buyers to be disappointed as I was in this overhyped underdelivery Entune promise. so far all I get are sports channels on Satellite which I don't want.