My Highlander
By luvtoyota10 on
2013 Toyota Highlander Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I got this highlander on the first of december last year. Since then, it has been a great car. I know, it's not that exciting but it repays you with its great reliability. Everything has been fine, despite some issues with routine maintenance at my Toyota Dealer. The steering is unpredictable, it's not dangerous or scary. Sometimes it has a weightier feel (which I like) and other times, a light steering feel. On a trip to Indianapolis I averaged 24mpg there and back. I like the iPhone/iPod integration and back up camera. It does many things well. Quiet ride and handles like a car. It was fantastic in the snow. It went through 6 inches NO prob. Not sure If I like the 2014 Highlander design.
Favorite Features
Touch screen radio, back up camera, seating for 7, quiet and comfortable ride, car like handling, The color (Sizzling Crimson Mica). 4WD, visibility, and chrome on the body. Horsepower from the V6 it's great on the highway.
Suggested Improvements
The interior looks bland. I miss having the XM radio like in my venza. I'm going to have to get it installed for an arm and a leg. The seats are comfy but I wish they were firmer. Interior build quality. The biggest improvement should be Driving Dynamics.