2013 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Pretty Happy
By lilduke on 01/19/13 16:02 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got my Highlander Limited in December, and so far I love it. It was change coming from a luxury brand but the trade-offs were totally worth it. I purchased the Highlander mainly to transport my family (2 and 4 legged) and still have some room left over. I have been able to do so with no issues. The ride is fantastic and the gas mileage is actually pretty good. I took it on a 1500mi round trip expedition over the holidays and on the first day I filled up twice, which was surprising for a full sized SUV. On the way back, the weather sucked (snow) and I was in 4WD most of the way, however I only filled up three times.

Highlander
By suvad13 on 01/13/13 22:10 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Plus 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Highlander 5 weeks ago and have 2200 miles logged. The comfort and practically of the interior is superb. It drives very well, quiet cabin, and we love the bluetooth and rear view camera. The V-6 has plently of power and average 24-26 mpg on the hwy. In mixed driving 22 mpg. There is also plenty of storage.

From Venza To Highlander
By luvtoyota10 on 12/20/12 16:36 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2010 Toyota Venza for this Highlander because I wanted something more refined and comfortable. And I was right with choosing the Highlander. The ride is so quiet that when I had the radio off once, I only heard the A/C when I was going 40 mph. The ride is so smooth, reminds me of a 2011 Toyota Camry I drove. This car is so much more refined than my Venza. So Quiet. Its also easier to get out of, especially for my grandmother. I also feel safer in this. I've only had it for three weeks, So I will do another review after I drive through the snow with it. The car handles well, its not thrilling or bad. The steering is better than My Venzas. This is my 5th Toyota.

Rear Entertainment System issue
By jkb7 on 11/09/12 23:36 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this vehicle with rear ent. sys and was extremely disappointed to find that Toyota decided to apparently use a new radio this year that is not connected to the rear entertainment system. Audio for movies is available through the included wireless headphones or you have to use an aftermarket solution like a bluetooth connection (not provided) or run a manual cable from one of the headphone jacks of the ent. system to the auxillary jack on the radio which should work in theory. Considering Toyota is still charging a premium price for the Rear Entertainment System, and the dealers are not even aware that the sound is not avbl thru the speakers, I wanted to warn potential buyers.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Highlander Suv in NJ is:

$160 per month*