My mistake, don't make it yours
By edgeta on
2012 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I made some assumptions & mistakes in buying this car Note the drivers seat on the SE v/s the Limited, Limited has seatpan depth adjustment, SE does not. SE drivers seat is very firm, Limited is not as bad at all. A/C, you can't control the back A/C from the front except to turn it off and on, wherever the back seat passanger left it last, is were it is until you go in the back and change it. (I assumed front could control it). Not enough storage areas within drivers reach. If you have the "silver/grey" console, it refelects sun into your eyes when the sun is high, (I have to use a towel to cover). Now I understand when some reviews say "there is a lot of hard plastic in the interior" ouch
Favorite Features
It is on the quieter side inside. Color **** Just a note: These are just my thoughts. It may work well for you. When you test drive it, just remember to note these and if they're big to you. I made the mistake's and assumptions...not Toyota, when buying. Although I do think my improvement thought are valid.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of so much hard plastic in the interior, very hard on the elbows and knees when driving. (I use pads/towels). The rear A/C should be able to be controlled by driver. Bluetooth phone sounds should come through more than one speaker. Update the GPS system. It "rattles" to much when driving. Personally the drivers seat is too hard in the SE (Limited is more comfortable). When you start the car the "system check" takes too long, I am usually backed out before the check is over, and the backup camera comes on.