2012 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Love my Highlander

2012 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Love my Highlander
By nailar on

2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a Toyota girl. I started off with the Corolla, then upgraded to the Camry. When my Camry was stolen and stripped (rest her soul..parts), it was time to start the car search again. Instinctively I decided on the Highlander but then I decided to actually research rather than go with loyalty. After a month of research, I ended up back at the Highlander. I do not regret my choice what so ever. I purchased in Aug 2012, and I only now feel that my mileage is starting to live up to what was advertised. However, even in the beginning it was the same as my Camry, so I am satisifed. This SUV is perfect for a family with children. I needed more space because of my son, and I love it very much.

The interior is well designed. Very spacious for an SUV. I love the option of having bucket seats if I want. The ease of putting down the third row with handles is amazing. I love the mileage/gas tracker screen. The ease of moving the second row seats is also great. Love the cup holders everywhere. This is def a family vehicle. I love that the window hatch opens, but I must admit I rarely use that. I normally just open the door..lol.

Backup camera needs some improvement. The image is distorted so I don't feel comfortable using that alone. They could probably add the assistance lines like other mfg have. I would also recommend putting a seat cover for the third row when it is in the "floor" position so that the back doesn't get dirty. When the third row is up, you don't have much cargo space. The Chevy SUV does better in this department.