Love the Highlander - All Around Great SUV
By goodboi_75 on
2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I absolutely love my 2012 Highlander, Base 3.5 L V-6 AWD. It currently has 15,000 miles on it. It's a nice driving vehicle with comfortable ride and outstanding reliability. It's a tank in the NY snow and backs up my steep driveway like a breeze - no spinning, slipping, etc......unlike my 2003 Ford Escape 4x4 which had a tough time backing up the driveway. I went on a recent trip to PA and the highlander handled the hilly terrain with ease and the best part is the gas mileage - averaged 25 mpg highway! I was shocked it did so well and was very impressed. That's better than the 23 mpg hwy rating on the sticker window!
Favorite Features
Gas Mileage - 25 mpg hwy on a recent 6 hour roundtrip to PA.
Suggested Improvements
Headlight design on the 2012 highlander - the headlights have a distinct cutoff in the headlight projection will I absolutely hate! No car I've ever had has had this problem. Toyota has made a few adjustments - better, but still nowhere near what it should be - I drove other 2012 and 2013 highlanders on their lot back in the fall and they have the same problem. If you're looking at the latest redesigned model - I would suggest driving the car at night away from the city street lights and see how it works for you.