2012 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Highlander I4 base
By pady on 06/05/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought new Highlander I4 for more than a week. Drive is smooth and quiet. I think it has enough power from start and good gas mileage. First trip average is 27.7mpg/gal highway. If you drive both I4 and V6, you can see the different in acceleration, but if you not plan to race, you will be fine. Overall I am happy with it.

A great car
By toyloyalist on 03/18/12 15:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 2 other Toyota's in the past, and the last one an Avalon for 10 years, I purchased a new Highlander Limited. I dont get excited about cars, but I love this vehicle! Wonderful quiet ride, very smooth.. very user friendly when operating all the gadgets. Since my last Toyota was 10 years old, I was not used to all the latest features. (ex..nav, bluetooth, etc) I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants the comfort of a car, the room for 7 passengers, and the reliability of a Toyota.

12 Highlander Limited Tech and Tow
By hyetek on 02/10/12 14:00 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my Tacoma 4x4 short bed extended cab for the 12 Highlander Limited with Tech and Tow package. Highlander does not have the nooks and crannys that are in the Tacoma, but it is a much smoother ride. Used the Tacoma 4x4 on several occassions, but have yet to try the Highlander 4x4. Same mpg as the truck. Backup camera is useless for the .0000001% of the time I need it.

My new 4Runner
By lahbsta on 11/13/11 21:14 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a 12 4Runner and didn't like it as much as my 05. This 12 Highlander Limited drives well, is comfortable and has many comforts and features. I have about 1300 miles following 262K on my 05 4Runner. So far so good. While not as tight as the 4, it is a better ride. I do many highway miles and I like the 10 way power seat better. This a very roomy vehicle too. The electric steering is too responsive and the wheel is small but now I am used to it. Powerful engine and smooth shifting tranny.

2012 Highlander 2.7L 4 Cyl w/ Tech Package & Leather
By txag1995 on 10/17/11 13:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We just bought a 2012 Highlander with the 4cyl engine. We chose the Tech Package and then had the dealer add leather interior. Our priorities on this purchase were 1. Reliability 2. Fuel Efficiency 3. 3rd Row 4. Value 5. Comfort/Style We cross shopped with Ford Edge, Explorer, Pilot, Venza, Crosstour, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, CX-9, CPO RX-350, and 4Runner. We really liked the Buick Enclave but it was expensive and real world gas mileage was under 20 avg. The Pilot EX-L was cheaper, had more features but was noisy and rode rough. The Venza, Crosstour, and Edge were too small. 4Runner was awesome just not good enough gas mileage. In the end it was between the RX-350 and Highlander.

2012 Toyota Highlander (2.7L 4cyl) w/ Nav.7 17'alloy wheels
By bigdave5 on 10/03/11 05:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

After researching and driving Kia, Hyundai, and Toyota, I decided on the 2012 Toyota Highlander. The Kia and Hyundai models were decent vehicles and have greatly improved in recent years, but bottom line - they are NOT equal in build quality, long-term reliability and value of a Toyota! Yes, the Highlander is more expensive (and a bit larger) than the Kia/Hyundai counterparts, but in the end its worth the extra money. I chose the 2.7L VVT i-4 engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic tr. It has plenty of pep and decent gas milage. I am 6ft 4 and it is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. In the end, I am extremely happy with my decision. Toyota is the best value, hands down

2012 highlander
By kingsford1 on 09/17/11 17:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 Rav4 which I liked very much. The new Highlander has a nicer, quieter ride it does not has as much power-pick-up as the rav 4. I hope that the reliability is as good as the Rav. I like my highlander thank you toyota.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Highlander Suv in WA is:

$233 per month*