2012 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
2012 HIGHANDER 2.7L i-4 w/ integrated Nav
By bigdave5 on 04/20/13 06:00 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle in October 2011. Now have 27,500 miles on it and still love it as much as the day I first purchased it. Gas milage averages 23/24 around town and 26/27 on the highway. NO other SUV in this size and class gets that kind of milage. I don't need all the fancy upgrades such as leather and power seats. All I wanted was the integrated Nav systems which does a good job for the most part. It has all the power/pep I need for living in big flat Florida! I highly recommend this vehicle.

Highlander I4 base
By pady on 06/05/12 20:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought new Highlander I4 for more than a week. Drive is smooth and quiet. I think it has enough power from start and good gas mileage. First trip average is 27.7mpg/gal highway. If you drive both I4 and V6, you can see the different in acceleration, but if you not plan to race, you will be fine. Overall I am happy with it.

2012 Highlander 2.7L 4 Cyl w/ Tech Package & Leather
By txag1995 on 10/17/11 13:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We just bought a 2012 Highlander with the 4cyl engine. We chose the Tech Package and then had the dealer add leather interior. Our priorities on this purchase were 1. Reliability 2. Fuel Efficiency 3. 3rd Row 4. Value 5. Comfort/Style We cross shopped with Ford Edge, Explorer, Pilot, Venza, Crosstour, Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, CX-9, CPO RX-350, and 4Runner. We really liked the Buick Enclave but it was expensive and real world gas mileage was under 20 avg. The Pilot EX-L was cheaper, had more features but was noisy and rode rough. The Venza, Crosstour, and Edge were too small. 4Runner was awesome just not good enough gas mileage. In the end it was between the RX-350 and Highlander.

2012 Toyota Highlander (2.7L 4cyl) w/ Nav.7 17'alloy wheels
By bigdave5 on 10/03/11 05:53 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

After researching and driving Kia, Hyundai, and Toyota, I decided on the 2012 Toyota Highlander. The Kia and Hyundai models were decent vehicles and have greatly improved in recent years, but bottom line - they are NOT equal in build quality, long-term reliability and value of a Toyota! Yes, the Highlander is more expensive (and a bit larger) than the Kia/Hyundai counterparts, but in the end its worth the extra money. I chose the 2.7L VVT i-4 engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic tr. It has plenty of pep and decent gas milage. I am 6ft 4 and it is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever driven. In the end, I am extremely happy with my decision. Toyota is the best value, hands down

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Highlander in VA is:

$188 per month*