2011 Toyota Highlander Consumer Review: Satisfied

2011 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

By maringa on

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just received our new Toyota Highlander, Limited FWD last week. It has been a pleasure to drive, and since I bought it for my wife, I haven't had much of a chance to drive it myself. Extremely comfortable, quiet and easy on the road. First tank is showing about 18.8 mpg in mixed driving. Hoping that it goes up a little as we break it in. When on a flat highway, for about 30 miles, it showed 23 mpg. Car feels bigger than what it is. Plenty of leg room in the back and front. The test will be 6 month to 1 year into the purchase - will follow-up then.

Comfortable seats, quiet cabin and smooth on the road - makes a great trip car. Seems well put together. Navigation seems Ok...there are better units out there. Not an audiophile, but we love the stereo - great sound.

Hard plastic everywhere, but at least it looks nice. Like all of the new car systems, it takes a while to understand the navigation system. Not overly concerned about the mileage just yet, since our last vehicle (Yukon XL) averaged around 13-14 mpg in town. Hopefully as the car breaks in, we begin to see an average of around 19-20 in town. Definitely want to see at least 24-25 as ratings show. Will update in a few months.