Used 2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

I Love This Car
By mccrearyb

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is such a great car - it can haul all of my stuff, my kids' stuff and it looks great. The best part is, nothing really ever goes wrong with a Toyota. This is my 2nd Highlander. I looked at so many different cars, but I just kept coming back to the Highlander because I couldn't find anything I liked as well in my price range.

Navigation, Sirius XM radio

The auto trunk-close feature does not work all of the time. Might be a glitch in my car, but sometimes it doesn't close and you have to get out and slam it shut.

Lexus RX VS Toyota highlander
By ecosports

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my highlander (HL) about 3 month ago, and I would like to share with you guys.
1. HL is surprisingly roomy especially the 2nd row.
For the 3rd seat, recommend just short distance.
2. It is quick and feels light when it's on the road (quickest in its class).
3. start stop button: Keyless.
Very convenient.

If you used own Germany (In my case, Benz), it's different.
Someone says no fun driving, but keep in mind this is SUV not a sport car.
Overall, I am satisfied with HL for everyday driving SUV.

1. Start/Stop button 2. divided hatch door (you can just open upper window part) 3. Blue Tooth 4. chrome decoration? 5. Smooth and quiet driving.

1. Nav/phone restriction while in motion 2. Cheap feeling plastic covering the top portion of door from inside. 3. No cooling seat, only heated: I think they tried to differenciate with Lexus RX by not putting cooling seat and memory seat 4. No memory seat: I don't understand 5. Gas milage not as advertised best I got was 17.2 in city and highway, but it's getting better.

Best Purchase Yet!
By mcduv87

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We previously had an '07 Tahoe and realized that our family didn't need all of the extra girth, nor did we want to keep paying $85 for a tank of gas.
The Highlander so far has been a great vehicle!
We're averaging close to 22 MPG which includes a good deal of stop-and-go in-town driving.
The third row seat shouldn't be counted on unless you're in a pinch.
The DVD entertainment system has kept the kids happy in the back seat on longer rides.

We opted for the Limited edition to get all of the tech-options, but still managed to get a good deal -- close to 10% below MSRP.

Bluetooth phone and music; DVD entertainment system; navigation system

Again, the third row seat isn't ideal for everyday use, but this is expected for an SUV this size.

Great Ride, Good MPG,= Happy Owners
By frtlinr

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took our new Highlander on a 10 day, 2400 mile trip starting with only 200 miles on the odometer when we left home. With so few miles on the vehicle, I wasn't expecting it to average 23 mpg on the trip, but it did. 1600 miles were on the highway, and the balance driven around town.
The ride was comfortable plus, the cabin is roomy, and very quiet. Decent sound system too.
The instrument panel is laid out very thoughtfully, everything is in easy reach for the driver causing no distractions.

Great seats. Very good air conditioning handles the heat in Florida very well, unlike any other vehicle that I have owned. As stated earlier, very pleased with the fuel mileage for the size and weight of the car.

I would rather have an audible back up sensor instead of the back up camera, but that's just a personal preference.

luv the mileage
By webtravelin

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are senior couple and have about 1200 miles on the highlander.
We are averaging just over 24 MPG, and on our three trips of about 90 miles each we got right at 30 mpg.
This was driving mostly on rural highways, with about 35 miles of interstate at about 72 to 73 MPH and about 62 MPH otherwise.
The wife thinks the seats are not as soft as our '04 Grand Cherokee, and the passenger seat is manual only, but that has already turned out to be a non-issue.
In addition to the very good mileage we immediately noticed how much more quite it was than the Jeep.
It is close to the same size as the Jeep but can seat 7.
We've had six adults in once for a short thirty minute drive and no complaints

Very good mileage, quite, more side to side front feet room, no bump in second row floor, the ability to lower the second row of seats from the rear, the separate controls for rear heat and air, the moon roof with a solid screen, the sliding second row seats, and the not to high, not to low step in height.

The cruise controls are taking some getting used to, and perhaps more padding in the seats. Also, if the vehicle was, say, 8 or 9 inches longer with that length added to behind the third row seats would be great, although that would undoubtedly increase the price.