2011 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
We went back for seconds!!
By financeman2 on 12/23/10 21:22 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The lease on our base model 08 AWD Highlander concluded this month. We very much enjoyed the 08 and decided to purchase a replacement. On 12/18/2010 we picked up a 2011 with the tech package. We especially appreciate the upgraded stereo/sat. radio, blue tooth, back up camera, and rear window hatch in the new vehicle. The drive is identical to the 08. No signficant problems noted following delivery...just a minor rattle from the rear hatch that we will have the dealer address at some point.

Great SUV
By caremil on 12/20/10 04:54 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The build quality is solid the layout of dash well thought out and the cabin user-friendly. The drive is very quiet and the seats are very comfortable. (good for long driving distance) The integrated Navigation, Bluetooth and JBL sound system are easy to use and sounds great. Got the tow package to pull my boat, good for 5000 lbs. Live in the north and the awd V6 engine is powerful and handles the snow very well.

Second Highlander!
By wilk64 on 12/18/10 12:11 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

When the lease expired on our 2008 Highlander Sport we looked at the entire SUV market and ultimately chose to lease another Highlander on 12-15-10. We did upgrade to the Limited. Interior appearance & finish are comparable to Lexus & Acura SUV's and far superior to Kia Sorento SX. Only exterior knock is the new headlight styling, which looks like a hammerhead shark. We used our former Highlander for comfortable long road trips and look forward to using the new one with GPS and XM. While we didn't want the DVD, it came with the vehicle and our three grandchildren love it. "Let's ride in grandma's car" is a common refrain.

Love my Highlander!
By 255grizzly on 12/10/10 22:46 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to replace a 2006 Subaru Forester and I am not disappointed! Tons more space for our family (2kids), comparable mileage, great power, and a much better all around ride (comfort, noise, etc.) I am getting about 23.5mpg over all (with a decent amount of highway miles) which is about what I got with the Forester. I highly encourage you to get the tech package -- not cheap, but it makes the car so much more fun (and if you're going to spend a lot of time in it, I think it's worth it.) Also, I tried the base 4 cylinder and I found it lacking in power and much louder than the 6 cylinder. All around, this is a great car!

Great SUV
By caremil on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Interior is well thought out, with lots of storage, amenities and the heating/cooling system well distributed through out the car. Solid feeling ride with limited road/wind noise. Able to tow 5000 lbs. Full spare which comes in Handy when traveling. Still own 2004 Highlander limited wish has great reliability record.

Refined & reliable
By John Doskoch on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We splurged on the 4WD Limited and glad we did! This made in USA SUV is a pleasure to drive; a quiet, comfortable ride with ample power on demand. Toyota makes a great V6 engine. Really like the new front end design. Limited features at the top of my list include Smart Key keyless entry, push button start, JBL stereo w/XM, heated seats, back up camera. Find the MPG display gauge useful too. MPG has been about 20 on first 2 tanks - good but could be better. Snow is here and I can hardly tell! Drives very securely through snow and slush. Haven't had to engage the "snow" mode yet. This is a great family vehicle. Kids ask all the time to drive in it.

Just purchaed 2011
By John on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I took three for test drives before we purchased. have had only for 2 days and love the vehicle. Had rides better than a Lexus 2009 that we traded. Better ride than a 4 runner and more comfortable than a 4 runner.

Refined & reliable
By John Doskoch on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Splurged and bought the Limited HL, and we're glad we did. Pleased to know it's made in the USA too! The new redesigned front end for 2011 looks sharp. Love the Limited's Smart Key keyless entry system, pushbutton start, reverse camera, heated seats. Also appreciate the MPG gauge. JBL stereo w/XM is wonderful. This SUV is solid and drives smooth and comfortably. Power/acceleration on demand. Toyota makes a great V6 engine. Lots of safety features + airbags galore, so safety is a given. The kids love our HL too, especially the roomy second row seats and their own temperature control. Our first 2 tanks of gas we averaged 20 mpg, which is OK for a 4000 lb vehicle.

Good Enough for me
By satirival on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV surprised me with a smooth ride and luxury like features for the price. One this is that I now have 3000 miles and heard a knocking noise in my steering. Took it to the dealer and they replaced parts of the steering column. I just hope this isn't the start of a sour relationship because I love this thing.

Love the 2011 Highlander
By Tom Mims on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car for my wife, both of us love it. It is responsive, low road noise, fun to drive and feels like a quality vehicle. With no problems noted in first 500 miles, not really sure about how to rate reliability other than my research on past model highlanders so I gave it a 9. This crossover SUV has just about every comfort feature one could want and its interior design is well thought out. We RV/ camp a lot, I pull the camper with my truck and my wife pulls my boat, so the ability to occasionally tow up to 5000 lbs with tow pkg prep and accessory options was part of purchase decision. Safety features and rating were also a consideration in our decision to purchase the Highlander.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Highlander Suv in NJ is:

$191 per month*