2011 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
trailer package
By dave354 on 04/06/11 19:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my highlander with the trailer page. All the printed material clearly states the package come with a wiring harness. When I got it home I found no such harness. A check at nthe dealer confirmed there was no such harness, it must be purchased. Most of the in the service department were aware of this fact. After a discussion with the sales department, they agreed with me that the printed material from Toyota and the window sticker clearly stqated that a harness was included in the trailer package. The sales department had it installed at no charge. Cramer Toyota of Venice Florida did an excellent job of resolving my problem. but Toyota clearly has an advertising problem .

3rd Toyota purchase
By rma581 on 03/31/11 19:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this SUV 5 days ago. after driving 390 miles I calculated 27.8 MPG after my 1st tank fill, 70% hy 30% city driving. The 4cyl is a little noisy in the lower gears as oppose to the v6 however it performs well. I purchased the base model with the tech package option. (a must to have if you own a IPOD) I have 3 kids & decided to choose this model when Toyota changed the 3rd row on the 2011 Highlander from a single row to a split. This allows my son to sit in the back with the other seat down for more storage.

Very Nice Vehicle
By indianadad on 03/29/11 14:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car 9 days ago and have managed to put about 500 miles on it with a long Spring Break weekend included. So far we are averaging about 23 MPG city and 27 MPG highway, so it is beating my gas mileage expectations for choosing the 4 cylinder. This is a pretty powerful 4 cylinder, so it performs very well - even with it packed with family and luggage. If you test drive one, you will be pleased. There is a little bit of noise at low gears, but the 6 speed makes it pretty quiet afterwards. This base model has everything I actually use on a car, so we are happy. The interior is very pleasant and the looks outside are very sharp, especially with all of the chrome. Good buy!

Sure it's not a Lexus?
By corkyf on 03/27/11 16:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I picked up my Highlander Limited AWD on Tue. Thurs my wife and I headed out on a 500 plus mile long weekend (37th anniversary). I had been checking out the Buick Enclave, but couldn't get the price I wanted. I'd been to the ACC tourney and Toyota had a couple of cars in one of the tents. Saw the Highlander Limited.......liked the price and looks (especially interior). Visited nearby dealership and drove one. Fairly impressed. Looked online and got a price I liked..and made the deal. On our trip through the mountains of NC, TN, and VA.......it was much better than expected. Quiet, smooth, comfortable.......pleasure to travel in. Enjoyed it as much as my wife's infinity M35.

Just Took Delivery
By dexter01 on 03/23/11 13:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What a difference from our 05 4-Runner. After reading the scathing reviews for the 11 4-Runner, we chose the Highlander Limited. We cannot believe hoe much more room there is in the Highlander. Our 6'6" son can easily fit behind the wheel and in the second seat. Plenty of head and leg room all around. The V6 is smooth, powerful and really quiet. The navigation system will take a little while to master, but so far I have not become discouraged. I really like the re-design and the interior fit and finish are really Lexus-like. I am very pleased with our decision and expect to enjoy this vehicle for many years to come.

Great SUV
By jjm_jr on 03/22/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Highlander about 1 month ago, and it's a dream to drive. I am running about 19 mpg, taking it easy on the throttle. On trips she is a dream. I previously drove a 08 FJ Cruiser and loved it, but had enough with the noise in the cabin. The Higjlander is a Fantastic SUV, as it feels more like a luxury car no more road noise either.

The nicest Toyota yet.
By bajarainny on 03/04/11 18:27 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having traded in our '04 Camry, this Highlander is our 5th Toyota. The styling for 2011 is much improved over the '08-'10 version and can actually be called a "looker". After 2 weeks of owning it, I've had two strangers stop me and ask about it. Having a great time with the navigation system and bluetooth phone set up and the entertainment system seems to work well (kids and grandchild). At first, I was a little daunted by all the electronics and technology, but I'm one of those guys who does read the manuals (no fewer than 6 came with the car) and learning how to use everything is fun. The best part is, it's a Toyota and everything works as it was designed to.

Could be perfect
By toyotalover4 on 02/28/11 16:03 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We turned in our 07 Lexus 350ES and got this SUV. The feel and drive of the SUV is very nice inside and out as you expect such from Toyota. However, there are few things lacking to be perfect. I hope Toyota address them for the future production. 1. Memory Seat buttons for driver and passenger seats-It would be nice not to adjust the seat settings everytime you take turn for driving. 2. More sitting options for passenger seat-should be comparable to that of of driver's. 3. Wooden panel for window open/close button-overall, the car feels luxury, exept for this cheap plastic panel. If 1,2,3 are addressed, then this SUV can be called 'perfect' in my opinion.

Great for trips!
By luvtoyota10 on 01/22/11 15:13 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I rented a 2011 toyota highlander for a week. It was what I Expected from toyota. It has the same kind of bumpy ride as normal suvs because i used to own a 2000 toyota 4runner and now i own a 2010 toyota venza 4cyl. I loved the ride height! The interior is great it doesnt feel very cheap. I'm thinking about leasing it like my venza. Its awesome in the snow!

I searched two years for this car!
By moonlightbiker on 01/10/11 16:43 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After a two year search I finally HAD to get a car when my engine blew. I have to admit I didn't like anything out there. I even disliked the Highlander at first glance but discovered it was the basic I saw. I forced myself to go back and look again after hearing a friend rave about theirs. Sure enough the molding on the side panel for the Limited made all the difference in the world, and when I opened the door... WOW! I was in love. This car feels like a Land Rover when you sit in it. It's more solid than anything else I tested, which was everything else. The interior can only be compared to the luxury of Lexus. It is whisper quiet to drive & amazingly comfortable. I love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Highlander in VA is:

$114 per month*