2011 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
I'm confused!
By markieg123 on 09/22/11 17:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Please tell me how you're all getting such great gas mileage and liking this car! I live in a fairly flat city and am getting 17 city/23 freeway. And, this car sure does rattle a lot for a brand new car and what's wrong with the front end suspension? After two trips to the dealer, the rattles are still there and the car still shimmied (they "cannot duplicate" either complaint.) Finally had an independent tire shop balance all four tires and align 3 of the 4 tires, which helped but something still isn't right. The dealer said to file a complaint with headquarters if I want to be reimbursed my $130. I guess I should have comfort in knowing I leased rather than buy this. Only 3 more years....

3rd Toyota purchase
By rma581 on 03/31/11 19:35 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this SUV 5 days ago. after driving 390 miles I calculated 27.8 MPG after my 1st tank fill, 70% hy 30% city driving. The 4cyl is a little noisy in the lower gears as oppose to the v6 however it performs well. I purchased the base model with the tech package option. (a must to have if you own a IPOD) I have 3 kids & decided to choose this model when Toyota changed the 3rd row on the 2011 Highlander from a single row to a split. This allows my son to sit in the back with the other seat down for more storage.

Very Nice Vehicle
By indianadad on 03/29/11 14:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car 9 days ago and have managed to put about 500 miles on it with a long Spring Break weekend included. So far we are averaging about 23 MPG city and 27 MPG highway, so it is beating my gas mileage expectations for choosing the 4 cylinder. This is a pretty powerful 4 cylinder, so it performs very well - even with it packed with family and luggage. If you test drive one, you will be pleased. There is a little bit of noise at low gears, but the 6 speed makes it pretty quiet afterwards. This base model has everything I actually use on a car, so we are happy. The interior is very pleasant and the looks outside are very sharp, especially with all of the chrome. Good buy!

1st SUV
By Sacuraman on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

1st time driving/purchasing an SUV. Major selling point is the 3rd row seats for the kids. Purchased w/ the Tech package which I recommend for comfort and some bells and whistles over the basic w/o options- also the tow package increases towing to a functional 3500 lbs. So far drove about 400 miles- 50% hwy and 50% city- according to the mileage display, averaging ~27 miles/gallon. I4 engine and transmission is geared for surprisingly good acceleration for a 4 cylinder/medium SUV. Only complaint is the speedometer reads about 3 miles greater than my GPS speed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Highlander in VA is:

$114 per month*