Used 2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

Quiet ride
By james

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Just traded an 2007 Acura MDX with a 2010 base 2.7 base Highlander with 3rd row. At first , i regret it. The Acura is so much fun to drive while the Highlanders including the SE's and Limited are sleepers and drove like Minivans. Recently, I installed a much better looking leather than the factory ones called Classic soft and had DVD with live TV called Flo-TV and this van has been amazing. We could watch ESPN, MSNBC, Disney,Nick Jr. ,MTV., abc, nbc, etc. This 4 cyl is high on low range torque and just as powerful as a V6. Great MPG and zero percent deal

6 speed , not the outdated 5 spd found on SE's and Limited Frugal on Gas. I'm getting as much as 33 mpg on the highway, 27 mpg combined on my scan gauge 2 meter. non OEM leather by classic soft trim Flo- TV, best invention since the internet

ugly Toyota gauge , toyota should install Lexus, Acura gauges like my 09 LS 470 and my previously owned ACura tech mDX

Very Happy Highlander owner
By dubrich

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a '05 MB E320 after being fed up with avg annual maintenance of $1000. Drove it from SC to Dallas, TX and EVERYONE loved it, ESP. the kids. Very roomy for the 1st 2 rows. 4 Adults and 3 kids {ages 9,8,7} fit comfortably without the center seat on the 2nd row while driving around the city. 0% for 60 months also makes it even that much more enjoyable! 2nd Toyota purchased within 2 weeks of each other {due to 0%}. Also averaged 27, that is right, 27 MPG at an average speed of 70 MPH over a 6 hour stretch of flat interstate. Always dreamed of owning an E-class since middle school, but I DO NOT MISS IT! Love the HL.

sliding 2nd row, convertible bench to captain's chairs {2nd row},powerful V6, VERY SMOOTH RIDE, bottle holders in doors {4}, amount of cup holders in car {8}

The Greatest Family SUV !!!
By Eddie

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just got the new one about 2 weeks ago. It's got about 700 miles on it now. Simply to put it, So Far So Good !! I can't think of any other SUV better than this one for a family size 4 or more. It might not be a fast and agile car in local streets but smooth... very smoothly running car in highways, and very quiet and comfortable. I was actually running down the highway last night, and I thought I was driving at about 50~55 mph but it was over 70. You know what I mean? It was so smooth that I couldn't feel the speed of it while I was driving which never happened with Honda that I used to think the better car maker. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to everyone I know.

The smooth Engine, Back-up Camera, Navigation, nice leather, etc...

If you want to input your destination into the Navi, the car must stay stop. It's good for the safety, but very inconvenient. The auto door lock should lock the door right after take-off for safety of my child. Rear visibility is not favorable especially when the 3rd row is up.

My third Highlander ! O:)
By Loveit!

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2010 Sport Highlander purchased 12/09! My third Highlander ! love love love it! 19 inches wheels big plus! Roomy! Moonroof! Stereo system exc! In spite of Toyota's recent problems would buy another today! All my Toyota vehicles (buying them since 1970; all new) have been problem free, routing maintenance, change the oil! Great product!

Love the ride! Moonroof perfect! Stereo great! Bluetooth for my phone exc! I got a salsa red one! Perfection!

New to Toyota
By Angie

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We needed a bigger car due to wanting to have a third child. We picked the Highlander for the 3rd row seating and the 0% financing. So far it has been great! A week later and I am still excited about my purchase and not second guessing it.

The keyless features along with the set up of the radio/heating controls. I also like the rear camera. Helps a lot when you are not use to driving such a large car and you have kids around!

The bluetooth isn't the greatest. On the highway people have a hard time even hearing me.