2010 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Still worth it despite the media hype!
By Mitral on 02/20/10 10:35 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2005 Toyota Sienna which is the best vehicle I have owned in recent memory. When it came time to purchase a mid size SUV, the Highlander was at the top of my list. Even after all the media hype, it is still better than the competition. My average fuel economy has been 19-20 mpg. 70% highway 30% city. My only complaints of the vehicle are the poor OEM tire choice and the angle of the dash display.

Almost perfect SUV
By Almost perfect SUV on 02/19/10 11:19 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great SUV with lots of power and security features. Bit thirsty on fuel but that is expected for 4x4 with this size and comparable to other SUVs. Smooth on road, lots of room for family and trunk.

Loving My Toyota
By P Slagle on 02/17/10 16:36 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Toyota Highlander we have owned. We have two, 2001 Highlanders that are still on the road and have never had any major issues. Even with the recent recall publicity, I would buy another Toyota Highlander in a heartbeat. The seating is very comfortable and roomy;, the ride is smooth. The only negatives, on city driving I barely get 18 miles to the gallon. Now, if only I can figure out how to use the navigation system, bluetooth and other wonderful electronic, new-age technology! A very satisfied Toyota Highlander customer.

poor
By buttermilk on 02/04/10 20:17 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very poor fuel economy. It is running a lot worst than (17/23) mile/gallon. Less than 11 MPG in city. Another problem is the car does not move right away once the gas pedal is pressed. There is at least half second delay.

Best SUV in market today
By Solid performance on 01/19/10 17:11 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After trying many SUVs I found Highlander combines power, ride quality, interior room with descent fuel economy. Car rides very smoothly and engine has lots of power when needed. Great visibility and easy to park.

Toyota Highlander is a Gas Guzzler
By Chandara on 01/08/10 18:57 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I believed the stats as fact. I read that this SUV give you about 18 miles/gallon in the city. But my 2010 toyota highlander got me only 13 to 14 miles per gallon. I only got 750 miles on my SUV right now, but I had to fill up 4 times already. Each time cost me about $45.00. I am spending about $850.00 (car payment, insurance and gas)per month just to drive this car! Totally not worth it!

The Best SUV w/3rd row!
By Tricia on 12/30/09 06:27 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been shopping around for a vehicle with a 3rd row. My kids absolutely love it. There is plenty of room in the 3rd row. Gas mileage is fine for this size SUV. V6 is great. I would absolutely recommend the Highlander.

First New Car
By Father of three on 12/22/09 19:48 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Toyota Highlander New - looked for a 7 seater SUV for our family of 5 for 8 months. Ended up with this and am very satisfied. Can only say this is a great vehicle. Wish the gas mileage was a little better but still it's an SUV. I have three young kids and they all fit well with room to spare. Love this car. I also plan on keeping it for 10 years.

Great ride and priced right
By Francar on 12/22/09 13:54 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride and very comfortable. Car handles well and is very quiet. I wish that the leather seats would heat up a little faster, on cold days in the North east it is a shock on the rear sitting on the cold leather. Like the display unit in the console with the rear camera. Haven't had the opportunity to take it on a long ride on the interstate so not sure what mileage would be for highway driving.

Trust me, you need to take look...
By steve on 12/12/09 06:06 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is a superb package, loaded with value. The Limited Ed has very refined suspension, combined with the car's insulation, it makes for a very quiet and peaceful commute. The Limited ED is also dressed up a bit with 19' inch rims, chromes door handles, stain finish roof rails so looks good cleaned up for a nite out, but is equally adept at home depot and can tow 5000 lbs. It's one of the few trucks that is versatile enough to play both roles...and with the savings you can afford to buy a small sports car for top-down motoring.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Highlander in VA is:

$105 per month*