2010 Toyota Highlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
I like it!
By Ali on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the highlander about a month ago after doing my research on crossovers and SUv's. I chose the highlander after seeing all of the wonderful reviews it had. I am very pleased with my decision although I do believe as with other people there could be a few added upgrades on these vehicles. I purchased the 4 cyl and average about 28 mpg highway going about 60 mph. I'm very satisfied with my choice.

First Toyota - like it don't love it
By lewis on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ride is smooth compared to my old Ford Explorer and Jeep Commander. Drives more like a car than a SUV. Quiet ride. Radio and Controls for heat/ac are confusing and seem awkwardly designed. I am 5'11" and my head is almost hitting the roof so this car not designed for a tall person. Got the auto start from dealer and it came as a separate key fob and you have to turn off car from outside to get in and than restart - a stupid feature. Horn sounds like it is from a corolla from 1985. I added the side body moldings for $200 - car seemed naked and i wanted some basic protection for doors in parking lots. No auto trunk opening - that is a big drag - overall had it 4 weeks and really like it

Great SUV
By paulmacleod on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning 10 other cars and driving over 850,000 miles I decided to give the Highlander a try even with the recalls. I am very impressed with the build quality. It feels solid on the road and the handling is very good for this size of vehicle. I am coming from an Audi which has tight steering and I have had no problem adjusting to the lighter steering feel and I do not notice any wandering on the highway. The V6 is very smooth and I have been seeing 22 MPG on the highway. There are some interior components that appear cheap, but they work fine and that is what counts. The leather seats are comfortable. Overall, I find the Highlander to be a solid performer.

Dangerous Accelerator
By Econpasha on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in our 18-month old Tacoma truck for the Highlander. Same pushy salesman/dealer for both. In less than 2,000 miles, the accelerator "lost power" three times. Second time, I went to talk to the sales people; they told us to bring it in to the service dept. the next time it happened. Two weeks later, it happened again. Luckily the third event happened near the dealer. They kept it overnight and replaced the accelerator pedal! Almost got hit on a main road because the car would not move no matter how much I pressed on the accelerator. I could not get of the way of oncoming traffic. Scary! Lost all confidence in Toyota, even though I still own a 2008 Lexus LS460.

Trust Toyota
By Steve-O on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Highlander SE. My only complaint is the leather on the driver seat appears to have an odd wrinkling spot but other than that a great car.

One year of perfection
By colorado on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had for 10 months now and our 2010 Highlander Limited has been great. Quiet ride. Nice leather interior. Responsive engine. Loads of room.

Love being off the ground!
By debik on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a small Ford Focus that was about 7 inches off the ground to sitting up and visible! A little concerned about the light steering. Seems to want to steer itself. Still getting adjusted to size. I have leather and love the captains seats in the 2nd row. Have the third row seat down and liking the cargo space. Taking dealers word that there was and still is nothing wrong with Toyota's gas pedals.

great suv
By family person on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Haven't had this car to long but I've been with Toyota for many many years. The highlander is just about everything you could need in a SUV. Lot of room good gas mileage at least the V4 is. Great car with out paying $40,000.00. Can't get much better then this one, for SUV. We put in a blue tooth it did not come with that.

Bristol Highlander
By Bristol Brat on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased Highlander for trips that require lots of room. Have had for approx 6 months. Gas mileage is 21 to 27 mpg. I think the interior dash looks a little cheap. We both enjoy the handling and how the dashboard is laid out. We have no regrets so far and would purchase it again. We did purchase extended warranty due to vehicle having electric power steering.

Look before you leap.
By Thunderchief on 08/30/10 06:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove a 4 CYL and a V-6, no comparison. I would not go for a four. I wanted a base to save money but I wanted leather and added it at the dealer. They did not have a V-6 base when I test drove, just SE and LTD. I ordered the V-6 base to be sent in from the port. The car looks great and feels great to drive. I was disappointed in the lack of certain things that are not there nor can they be added at the dealer. No outside temp reading, no fog lights, no trip fuel econ reading, no homelink garage control. A car with a 30K sticker, you'd think they would have some of those features! Bottom line, I did not do enough homework to see some of the items I wanted are not on the Base V6.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Highlander Suv in VA is:

$119 per month*