Used 2010 Toyota Highlander SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:

First Toyota - like it don't love it
By lewis

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ride is smooth compared to my old Ford Explorer and Jeep Commander. Drives more like a car than a SUV. Quiet ride. Radio and Controls for heat/ac are confusing and seem awkwardly designed. I am 5'11" and my head is almost hitting the roof so this car not designed for a tall person. Got the auto start from dealer and it came as a separate key fob and you have to turn off car from outside to get in and than restart - a stupid feature. Horn sounds like it is from a corolla from 1985. I added the side body moldings for $200 - car seemed naked and i wanted some basic protection for doors in parking lots. No auto trunk opening - that is a big drag - overall had it 4 weeks and really like it

Favorite Features

drives smooth and a good looking car and third row comes in handy but stows away and is forgotten

Suggested Improvements

redesign the dashboard - heat/ac/radio controls are a mess

Trust Toyota
By Steve-O

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Highlander SE. My only complaint is the leather on the driver seat appears to have an odd wrinkling spot but other than that a great car.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, handling

Suggested Improvements

19" wheels on the SE

Very Happy Highlander owner
By dubrich

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a '05 MB E320 after being fed up with avg annual maintenance of $1000. Drove it from SC to Dallas, TX and EVERYONE loved it, ESP. the kids. Very roomy for the 1st 2 rows. 4 Adults and 3 kids {ages 9,8,7} fit comfortably without the center seat on the 2nd row while driving around the city. 0% for 60 months also makes it even that much more enjoyable! 2nd Toyota purchased within 2 weeks of each other {due to 0%}. Also averaged 27, that is right, 27 MPG at an average speed of 70 MPH over a 6 hour stretch of flat interstate. Always dreamed of owning an E-class since middle school, but I DO NOT MISS IT! Love the HL.

Favorite Features

sliding 2nd row, convertible bench to captain's chairs {2nd row},powerful V6, VERY SMOOTH RIDE, bottle holders in doors {4}, amount of cup holders in car {8}

Glad I bought Hilander
By happywithhilander

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned other SUVs including Lexus RX(the first generation), Honda Passport(built by Isuzu and drove like Isuzu) and Honda Pilot. This car drives as good as Lexus for a lot less money. Because of all problems Toyota have had recently, I'm sure they fixed all they had to on this car by the time I bought it, and thus I feel very safe in it.

Favorite Features

Drives like a car (a powerful and fun car) with all options I wanted (and more) came standard on SE model

Suggested Improvements

Third row seats -- more leg room. Exterior styling -- make it little exciting, like the way the car drives