2010 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
First Toyota - like it don't love it
By lewis on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ride is smooth compared to my old Ford Explorer and Jeep Commander. Drives more like a car than a SUV. Quiet ride. Radio and Controls for heat/ac are confusing and seem awkwardly designed. I am 5'11" and my head is almost hitting the roof so this car not designed for a tall person. Got the auto start from dealer and it came as a separate key fob and you have to turn off car from outside to get in and than restart - a stupid feature. Horn sounds like it is from a corolla from 1985. I added the side body moldings for $200 - car seemed naked and i wanted some basic protection for doors in parking lots. No auto trunk opening - that is a big drag - overall had it 4 weeks and really like it

Trust Toyota
By Steve-O on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new Highlander SE. My only complaint is the leather on the driver seat appears to have an odd wrinkling spot but other than that a great car.

Very Happy Highlander owner
By dubrich on 04/15/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a '05 MB E320 after being fed up with avg annual maintenance of $1000. Drove it from SC to Dallas, TX and EVERYONE loved it, ESP. the kids. Very roomy for the 1st 2 rows. 4 Adults and 3 kids {ages 9,8,7} fit comfortably without the center seat on the 2nd row while driving around the city. 0% for 60 months also makes it even that much more enjoyable! 2nd Toyota purchased within 2 weeks of each other {due to 0%}. Also averaged 27, that is right, 27 MPG at an average speed of 70 MPH over a 6 hour stretch of flat interstate. Always dreamed of owning an E-class since middle school, but I DO NOT MISS IT! Love the HL.

Glad I bought Hilander
By happywithhilander on 03/15/10 09:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned other SUVs including Lexus RX(the first generation), Honda Passport(built by Isuzu and drove like Isuzu) and Honda Pilot. This car drives as good as Lexus for a lot less money. Because of all problems Toyota have had recently, I'm sure they fixed all they had to on this car by the time I bought it, and thus I feel very safe in it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Highlander in VA is:

$123 per month*