2010 Toyota Highlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Highlander model:
Great, versatile vehicle
By kff1 on 03/08/11 03:23 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased in Dec 2009. 17000 miles later, still loving it. Lots of room for our 2 dogs and camping gear in the back with seats folded down. Very comfortable for 4 on a road trip with the seats up. Rock solid reliability. Bought the 4cyl with tow pkg. We occasionally tow our jetski to the beach and the 4 cyl is more than up to the task. Our only complaint, we were hoping for better gas milage. We have yet to see the EPA rated 27 on the highway, no matter how conservatively we drive. We've averaged 22.1 MPG since new with about a 50/50 mix of highway and city. Our best milage on road trip with just the two of us and no cargo was 25.38. Overall though, very pleased.

I like it!
By Ali on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the highlander about a month ago after doing my research on crossovers and SUv's. I chose the highlander after seeing all of the wonderful reviews it had. I am very pleased with my decision although I do believe as with other people there could be a few added upgrades on these vehicles. I purchased the 4 cyl and average about 28 mpg highway going about 60 mph. I'm very satisfied with my choice.

Dangerous Accelerator
By Econpasha on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in our 18-month old Tacoma truck for the Highlander. Same pushy salesman/dealer for both. In less than 2,000 miles, the accelerator "lost power" three times. Second time, I went to talk to the sales people; they told us to bring it in to the service dept. the next time it happened. Two weeks later, it happened again. Luckily the third event happened near the dealer. They kept it overnight and replaced the accelerator pedal! Almost got hit on a main road because the car would not move no matter how much I pressed on the accelerator. I could not get of the way of oncoming traffic. Scary! Lost all confidence in Toyota, even though I still own a 2008 Lexus LS460.

great suv
By family person on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Haven't had this car to long but I've been with Toyota for many many years. The highlander is just about everything you could need in a SUV. Lot of room good gas mileage at least the V4 is. Great car with out paying $40,000.00. Can't get much better then this one, for SUV. We put in a blue tooth it did not come with that.

Good, solid Auto-Just the right size
By Golfnut on 08/23/10 07:11 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Since my 2002 Highlander with 183,500 miles needed some major repairs, I decided to trade it in on the 2010 model. My 2010 is just the base model with a 4 cylinder engine, front wheel drive. This engine is a bit larger than my other model, so the extra pep is nice, ride is good, interior is nice and comfortable. This physical size of the Highlander is just right, not to small, and not too large. The engine is a bit noisy at times, and I hope the 6 speed transmission last like my 2002 model. I change my own oil & filter religiously at 3500 miles, and the only thing I do not like about this new engine is the oil filter, it is a messy process.

Best SUV On The Market
By Jeff on 07/19/10 16:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 4 cylinder Highlander for "Invoice" and not only am I happy about that but the vehicle overall. Are you ready for this, I'm getting over 30 MPG combined city/hwy. Of course I'm not driving like a have a race car either. There is plenty of power when you need it. I own a Prius and have learned some techniques by utilizing the "Cruise Control" as often as I can. I compared the Highlander Hybrid model mileage to the 4 cylinder Highlander and for $20K less, I am getting better mileage. Invoice cost was $26,014.00 plus tax & license at 2.9% financing. People have got to be insane to pay upwards of $48K for a Highlander Hybrid (Limited).

Best Crossover Available
By Bryan on 07/08/10 06:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Not a 'Toyota Guy', first one ever, first 'import' ever, but I love this car. Made in America: Check (Princeton, IN); Great Gas Mileage: Check (24MPG avg); Family Hauler: Check (3 Kids under 7). Went with the 4-Cylinder (Not hauling anything) and purchased after-market leather from the dealership. Looks great, feels great, and is much easier to keep clean with the kids. 6-Speed 4 Cyl is very peppy on the highway with superior low-end torque, and the mpg rivals the MUCH more expensive Hybrid. Cargo is very-skimpy with the third- row up, but when folded flat it's downright cavernous back there. Spacious seating for everyone - even 3rd row isn't bad. Hard to find flaws with this vehicle.

Happy Highlander Owner
By Robyn154 on 06/19/10 04:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2008 Chevy HHR because I needed more room. My Highlander handles like a dream, very smooth and quiet. A friend has a 2002 Highlander, and has never had a minutes problem, so even with the adverse attention on Toyota at the time, I did not hesitate to purchase when I was ready to make a change, and have not regretted my decision.

Quiet ride
By james on 04/20/10 05:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

Just traded an 2007 Acura MDX with a 2010 base 2.7 base Highlander with 3rd row. At first , i regret it. The Acura is so much fun to drive while the Highlanders including the SE's and Limited are sleepers and drove like Minivans. Recently, I installed a much better looking leather than the factory ones called Classic soft and had DVD with live TV called Flo-TV and this van has been amazing. We could watch ESPN, MSNBC, Disney,Nick Jr. ,MTV., abc, nbc, etc. This 4 cyl is high on low range torque and just as powerful as a V6. Great MPG and zero percent deal

best in its class
By Andres on 12/08/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota Highlander 4dr SUV (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

For a 4 cylinder, I got more than expected; the 2.7 187 hp engine makes this car a nice option to have a lot fun with your family.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Highlander in VA is:

$105 per month*